G0509g 16x40 Drool Thread

Rattle can overspray, that's always a tip off. Those machines do look a beast.

Hmmmmmm! I wish I could run a 20HP motor in my shop. I'd have to go buy a generator.

You could do it with a 100amp panel.

But more importantly, is your garage floor thick enough to support 9000#?

I only have 50 amps, single phase, and no practical option for more. Been thinking about a 40KW, 3 phase generator. The floor seems to handle my 9500# forklift OK, it should be thicker, but it'll work. Pouring a pad would not be out of the question.

The problem generally becomes that you tend to park machinery close to the wall, which is near the edge of the slab and more likely to cause settling and cracking.

You could do it with a 100amp panel.

But more importantly, is your garage floor thick enough to support 9000#?

The concrete in my brothers old shop (light industrial complex) was only 4 inches thick, he had three CNC machines weighing 8,000 to 11,000 lbs in there for years with no issues. I think its a lot more about what's under the concrete e.g. dirt full of tree roots and organics vs a properly graded compacted gravel base. I had them pave my long driveway in asphalt when the house was built. The base is 2 inch jagged gravel topped by 3/4 jagged gravel compacted with a steam roller type machine. But the concrete garage floor is just dirt, sand, concrete. I'm less confident in it.

Also stop posting in my thread reminding me of my 16x40 drool. :burned up:

Back