G0619 Mill dead

Tom-C

Registered
Registered
Hi, My G0619 is about 13 years old. About a year ago it started to act up. The speed reading would flicker and sometimes the buttons would not work. Yesterday if you hit start and the speed up arrow it came up "error". I pulled the back and both fuses are good. Now I get nothing except a "beep" when I turn on power. The Power On light does not come on and nothing on the Tachometer screen.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I contacted Grizzle and have not gotten a response yet.

Tom

Sounds like the circuit board has a short in it. I would download the manual and check the location of the logic board and check to see if it has any burned areas.

If it has an induction motor, the first place to look on a motor that old is the starting/run capacitor.
You can tell if this is the case if you can wrap a string about a pulley, apply power, and spin the motor by hand. If the motor continues to run it is highly likely that the starting/run capacitor has gone **** up. (Generally its the start cap rather than the run cap if you have 2)

Sounds like the circuit board has a short in it. I would download the manual and check the location of the logic board and check to see if it has any burned areas.
Papa, Thanks, but there are 5 circuit boards. I have the Grizzly and Arc Euro manuals and no one tells you how to troubleshoot to a board.

This thing doesn't have an induction motor. The controller is necessary for operation. Does it have the brushless motor or the olde DC motor?

This thing doesn't have an induction motor. The controller is necessary for operation. Does it have the brushless motor or the olde DC motor?
Ericc, Mine is a 2007 unit. How can I tell the difference? I think it is the DC motor

I believe all the SX3's were Brushless Motors. I know my G0619 from the same era is Brushless DC.

Btw, the Board repair guy listed above, has a trouble shooting section to help people determine where their failure may be.

A brushless motor will have 3 power wires (and possibly more smaller signal wires) and brushed DC motor will have 2 power wires. If is is brushed, can the brushes be checked or replaced?

I believe all the SX3's were Brushless Motors. I know my G0619 from the same era is Brushless DC.

Btw, the Board repair guy listed above, has a trouble shooting section to help people determine where their failure may be.

Dat 510, All three boards are on their way to olduhfguy. He gets $95 and suggested that I send all three (there is actually another board on the "speed control/Invertor board) so he could ensure that there were no additional problems. Grizzly tech had an electronics guy call me but said if I didn't have an oscilloscope there was not any additional troubleshooting we could do. Replacement board is #350. I said I was looking at getting my board repaired and he said Grizzly did that for $75, pause and a $35 troubleshooting fee, pause and packaging and handling to return it of $120. Since it cost me $15.80 to send the boards to ofduhfguy I sent them.

Back