G0709 And G0730 Ordered And Expecting Delivery Friday

After I put a dial test indicator I obtained a difference on the vice of .00025" over the 5" jaw. I think that's pretty good, some of the more experienced please provide your thoughts.
Since general practice is to square your vise to 0.0005-0.001", I would say that is way beyond adequate. You will get more error than that from end mill flex and movement of the head while cutting. General guidance is that a Bridgeport style mill will only give you 0.001-0.002" accuracy (you can do better but it takes some care), and I am betting your "baby bridgeport" will not be as rigid.

Well my Glacern vice arrived last night and I had to work late but today when I got home I set the vice up and cut the 5/8" keys down to fit my 1/2" t-slot. I stepped the keys and mounted the vice. After I put a dial test indicator I obtained a difference on the vice of .00025" over the 5" jaw. I think that's pretty good, some of the more experienced please provide your thoughts.

Good enough. :)

How is that Grizzly 10 drawer toolbox in the picture working out for you? I have been eying that exact box in their catalog for some time, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I want something good to replace what I'm currently using.

Also, is that their optional butcher block top, or did you make your own?

How is that Grizzly 10 drawer toolbox in the picture working out for you? I have been eying that exact box in their catalog for some time, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I want something good to replace what I'm currently using.

Also, is that their optional butcher block top, or did you make your own?

i like it a lot, wish I had ordered the bigger one, but didn't really have the room. For the money it is much better than the Snap-on and Matco chest I have had in the past. I have ordered so much tooling lately that I am filling the drawers quickly. I am considering ordering the top toolbox for it, but I like having the flat space. They do have a metal peg board that attaches to the back that I am also considering.

The butcher block top is from Grizzly, much cheaper than I could get the materials for locally.

i like it a lot, wish I had ordered the bigger one, but didn't really have the room. For the money it is much better than the Snap-on and Matco chest I have had in the past. I have ordered so much tooling lately that I am filling the drawers quickly. I am considering ordering the top toolbox for it, but I like having the flat space. They do have a metal peg board that attaches to the back that I am also considering.

The butcher block top is from Grizzly, much cheaper than I could get the materials for locally.

What model "bigger one" are you referring to?

Nice! I like the costco catalog one best of the bunch

Back