G0755 Table Lubrication

Cobra, or anyone with this mill or one like it. First off, great work on changing the ball oiler location. Hope this isn't too far off topic, I have the PM932, which has those same oilers on the side of the table, front and rear. I oil them quite often because, frankly, I never feel like I'm getting much oil in there so I always brush way oil on the exposed ways probably more than I need to (the only way to oil the Y ways is to brush it on anyway). I use a rubber hose attached to the pressure pump oil can spout, which gives a good tight seal around the ball oiler, but after I see the oil reach the ball (tubing is clear) I get maybe 1 pump then it gets really hard to pump, if at all. When I back the hose off the oiler a little oil squirts out. This is the only mill I have ever used so don' t know if this is normal, and am looking for others thoughts. Thanks, and Happy Machining

JR49 - when I first got the mill I had the same concerns but over the last several years there seems to be some movement of the oil from the oilers to the lower ways for the y-axis. I do typically see the same when oiling - couple of shots and then backpressure.

Back