G3102 G3103 Powerfeed

mjhenks

Active User
Registered
Any G3102 or G3103 owners here?

I have a 3102 that is about 8 years old. Bought it used with little use. Built a VFD system for it and a 5" column lift. Both awesome additions that were not too hard. Now looking at Power X Feed. Most threads say nothing will bolt right up except the Grizzly kit. (P3102156)

Was looking at the parts manual for the G3103 and it sure looks like the end cap on the table is not part of the kit. Anyone able to confirm that? Anyone have any additional information on the kit?

Anyone adapt one of the many Bridgeport knock-off's to their Grizzly? If the end cap is re-used then what is different about the shaft adapter?

Doing research before i dive in.

Matthew

Thank you Dman.

Do you recall a few things?

- Did the power feed unit just screw to the end of the X-stage? It looks like there would be some threads in the grey piece that the unit would screw to as they usually have a series of holes in that area.

- Did the adapter/shaft slide over the existing shaft?

- Any chance you have the installation notes still hanging around?

My mill does not have mount holes on the end piece but that is easy to fix. If it is as simple as sliding the new shaft over the old one then this seems quite possible and easy which concerns me as i find very few who say it that way.

I will look and see if I have the directions laying around....

You should pull your crank handle off and measure the shaft.

Can u post some pics of yours I can give you better info.

Looks like there is already a dummy piece on yours where a powerfeed would go.

I don't think you need a extra or adapter.

I think that like mine it should just go up against the end cap on the table.

Since u don't have one there is no holes.

The power feed has about 8 holes in a circle pattern so i can sorta line up to existing holes. It didn't line up on mine but was close enough, (nothing a milling machine can't fix ) ...

So you would be starting fresh just have to tap the end cap.

But pull yours apart take pics and measure your shaft. Then post the pics....

I'll let yah know

the grey bracket in the photo will be discarded as it fits bridgeport and clones. On your mill if the lead screw is extended as in the grizzly catalog pic you will remove the dial collar and the adapter behind it and there should be 3 holes for the power feed to bolt to. The next step is to check the key slot in the brass gear as it may be narrower than the slot on the lead screw and you will mill the key to fit and then shim as per the instructions. On my g0730 I had to machine the key to fit which was not a problem.
Tomh

Gunrunner you need to order a set of these for the Z axis hand crank. Bill did you just spit coffee on your monitor? :rofl:

View attachment 253356

Last edited:
Anything more you can post about the power feed would be greatly appreciated. It's a planned addition to my mill and I'm still gathering information.

Grizzly seems to offer two similar X-axis power feeds, the T23893 and H8371. Beyond the manufacturers, ALSGS for the first and Align AL-500S for the second, I'm not sure about any other differences. I believe the Align is supposedly to be better, for on these small mills does it make a difference?

I can find a better deal on the AL-500S, but $245 for the ALSGS isn't a bad price.

Back