G3102 G3103 Powerfeed

The saga continues.

Got power to the motor Saturday. Does not work..... Bummed. Ok so it does move the tablejust fine but the "high speed" button and the "variable speed" buttons do nothing. One speed no matter what i tried. I really do not want to take it apart to find whatever wire/switch is not hooked up so i plan to return it for another....

Oh well.....

Matthew

So it is done. The replacement unit arrived from Grizzly and works. Funny thing is that it was still missing the key that started the whole mess. Told Grizzly and they said they would open a "production case" on it. Moving on....

All mounted up and wired in. Ran the power into my VFD box so the unit powers up with the mill now. Also mounted the limits. Kind of cheesy there as i had to piggy back them to the X travel encoder and mount the stops to the encoder cover. Thin 1/8" aluminum. Milled off the back side of the stops, milled a slot in-line with the mount hole for the head of a M4 SHCS. Tapped the aluminum guard with two holes per side. One hole mounts a SHCS by itself so that the head becomes the anti-rotation device for the stop and the single mount screw.

upload_2015-12-29_9-31-0.png

Only part i am not totally happy with is the speed. Even on high the traverse speed is not as fast as i would have hoped. I think i could crank it just as fast but of course the motor does not get tired.

Anyways. Totally possible and not that hard. Key points:

- Brass gear will have to be shortened.
- You will need more shims than what comes in the kit.
- Use the Bridgeport end cap that is included as your guide to position the roll pins.
- Harvest the roll pins from the end cap.
- Make sure it works before you mount it and check for all the parts.

Matthew

Back