Gas lens screens

Cobra

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Anyone know a source for the screens for TIG gas lenses?
Thanks
Jim

You can buy a sheet of SS mesh on E-bay or ? and cut your own. Or so I've been told. Good luck, JR49

If I can't find it locally I get a lot of my tig supplies on-line at; https://www.arc-zone.com/

Are you looking for just screen or the complete gas lens collet body (with the screen)?
Collet bodys are not too expensive - $5 to $10 depending on size & brand. I don't remember seeing just the screen. It might be a trick to get it attached to your collet body? Maybe not - I've never thought about replacing just the screen.

I've always had good service from Arc-Zone. And they usually have OEM and/or quality parts.
They have nice assortments of different things too (like an assortment of sizes/types of tungsten or an assortment of collet bodies and cups, etc.).
They always include a bag of M&Ms with your order too!

If I can't find it locally I get a lot of my tig supplies on-line at; https://www.arc-zone.com/

Are you looking for just screen or the complete gas lens collet body (with the screen)?
Collet bodys are not too expensive - $5 to $10 depending on size & brand. I don't remember seeing just the screen. It might be a trick to get it attached to your collet body? Maybe not - I've never thought about replacing just the screen.

I've always had good service from Arc-Zone. And they usually have OEM and/or quality parts.
They have nice assortments of different things too (like an assortment of sizes/types of tungsten or an assortment of collet bodies and cups, etc.).
They always include a bag of M&Ms with your order too!

Thanks Mike. I agree that the collets are not expensive. Just hate to throw away a perfectly good collet that just needs a new screen.

Thanks Mike. I agree that the collets are not expensive. Just hate to throw away a perfectly good collet that just needs a new screen.
I know what you mean. I've tossed several otherwise good collets and never gave a thought about replacing the screen.
Keep us (me) posted about your progress and maybe a hint about how you attach it. I was just thinking maybe a drop of JB weld - but do you even need that? Does making the center hole a tad small keep it in place?

I know what you mean. I've tossed several otherwise good collets and never gave a thought about replacing the screen.
Keep us (me) posted about your progress and maybe a hint about how you attach it. I was just thinking maybe a drop of JB weld - but do you even need that? Does making the center hole a tad small keep it in place?

The collets I have have a small wire shaped like a lock washer above the screen.

I’ve seen where people will remove the screen (pry it out with a sharp pointed object) and stuff steel wool it the cup. If I’m not mistaken, it a trick people use that compete it TIG welding competitions. The screen is there to defuse the gas and the steel wool changes the flow characteristics. Not so linear.

Back