• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Gear box 820 or 825 compatibility with model 200

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Nogoingback

This question has been asked before and I believe the answer is basically no. Having said that, nothing is impossible,
but it's not a bolt on deal. There are a couple of threads on this subject: I'll try and hunt them down.

Edit: Look on the Logan sub-forum for a post from Woodzi titled "QC Gearbox". There's a link that takes you to
some information on that subject from Scott Logan.

Last edited:

Terry Worm

Banned
Banned
At one time I considered adding a QCGB to my Logan 200. There is a way to do it, but you have to get just the right gear box to make it work, and then it requires a certain amount of retrofit work. Sorry that I don't remember the details, but it was about ten years ago now that I considered this.

Anyway, I ended up doing a project that required a custom thread - a double helix actually, and I was able to do it with change gears by calculating for a double start 1/2 TPI - in other words 1 thread every two inches. The lathe was not powered for this but used a Dremel tool mounted to the toolpost and I turned the chuck by hand, allowing the lathe to provide the gearing to guide the Dremel to cut the helix. I could have never done it without change gears. I decided at that point to just keep what I've got as changing the gears adds a little time to my projects, but it is only minutes per change. Not a big deal for me.

[6]
[5] [7]