Gear Cutters For Loan

CarlosA

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a ridiculous number of gear cutters (and more on the way) if anyone would like to borrow some for making change gears, etc. I made some delrin tumbler gears for my atlas lathe to quiet down the gear train.

Some sizes I have:

And metric sizes eventually coming are:
m1 x 20
m 2.25
m 0.7
m 0.8

Last edited:
I have a logan lathe that I messed up a 16 tooth gear. Any idea what cutter I sould need or how I can check to find out?

The easiest tool i`ve found for a quick rough calculation is here: http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/gear_calc.html

Use the form on the far right, count the number of teeth and measure the outside diameter of the gear in MM. Enter it, and it will tell you both the DP and the Module - your lathe is definitely not metric, and definitely a DP sort of gear. Probably 16 pitch. If it is 16 pitch then it will measure over an inch in diameter since the DP is the diameter of the pitch circle * 2.

From my reserach it is a DP20. The calculator in MM gave me 9.47P and mod2.68

I needed a 12P for 55 teeth just the other day but you don't show that. What givesFlustered;)?
But thanks for the offers!
Aaron

What a generous offer. Down the road; I have on my list of things to make are the gears to connect my dividing head to the mill.

What size arbor(s) are your cutters?

Back