Gear driven drill press

Ahem, it's an awful machine. Let me help you dispose of it before your friends find out you have one.
Teehee, I’m glad to know others like this drill press, I thought it was the berries, but since no one had one , that I know, I thought I had an odd ball. Going to try to rig up some three phase in the shop and get some machines rolling again!

Bones

I used a cheap VFD to run mine, think its only 1/2 hp if I remember right. With the two sped motor and 4 gears I never change the frequency, just leave it at 60 Hz.

Greg

you have a gem there. I was working in a shop this morning with one. great drill press. Don't part with it.

It was mainly by luck, but most of my power tools have gear boxes, or variable speed drives, instead of belt swapping. Just looking at a catalog, or online, you don't think it would be a big deal, but the convenience of gears, cannot be described.

Is it for-sale?????????????????
you have a gem there. I was working in a shop this morning with one. great drill press. Don't part with it.
Thanks, I think I’ll keep it. Like has been said it works real good. Mine doesn’t have the original table. . Maybe someone has a broken press that they may want to sell parts off of?

Bones

Last edited:
It's total junk, send it to ME ASAP for proper disposal. :laughing:

Back