GearCodeIt Program

I think I still have a Win-XP install in a virtual machine here somewhere.
However, I dunno if I want to sign-up to another groups.io group just to see this program.....
-brino

I believe this site won't accept some file types like exe's.
Putting it into a zip archive should work.
-brino

We can figure this out. I'll take a look.

EDIT: I sent an email to Shorty asking him if he is good with us hosting a version of the file here at H-M.

Last edited:
Hope you get a reply. You can go to the groups.io forum, join it, get the file then unsubscribe from the forum if you don't like it.

EDIT: I sent an email to Shorty asking him if he is good with us hosting a version of the file here at H-M.

The email address that is attributed to Shorty is kicking back an error message. I'll inquire with the mods on the forum where the file is currently hosted and see if that gets us anywhere.

Hope you get a reply. You can go to the groups.io forum, join it, get the file then unsubscribe from the forum if you don't like it.

We have run across problems with blindly grabbing material and hosting in the past. While we operate under a fair-use copyright policy and have every right to do so, digital works have come under more scrutiny as the digital world has made access to materials widely available to people. For example, the Machine Tool Reconditioning book is under copyright ownership and is being sold online. They have sent us several take-down notices upon which we are required to comply.

We stand a better chance of hosting the material here in perpetuity if we ask for permission from the author first, rather than begging for forgiveness later. At least that is my philosophy on this.

Last edited:
Back