Genral drawing help

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Is there someone ki d enough to help me with just a basic drawing layout for a grinding stand project .i. am terrible at drawing and drawi g software seems to be my enemy .i do with i had my drawi g dable still from school .

I need just a basic layout similar to the rough scetch ive atfached if you can sort of understand it .I have also attached a picture of how my grinders are mounted up now .the plate is to make up a new steel stand for the grinders to sit on and the tee slots for bolting on various atfachments at later date as required .

If some is kind enough just to do a top side view drawing in visio or similillar so as i can give it to tbe shop i use who can water jet it out .

Would be greatly appreciatted for any help .if someone takes on tbe task and cant invision what i want from my sketch please call out i will try and explain Regards Nat1515555053362763794639.jpg20180110_095938.jpg

I was just going to model up your plate but I'm not seeing M16 t-bolts. Those are pretty large for what you are securing. M12 are more than large enough.

I was just going to model up your plate but I'm not seeing M16 t-bolts. Those are pretty large for what you are securing. M12 are more than large enough.
12mm slots are fine by me im not picky you are correct m16 is a bit much for this
Kind regards Nat
And thank you for the help much appreciated

This is what I have so far - I am doing this in autocad - I can email you a dwf or iges file that they can use to cut the part.
table.jpg

I just noticed the distance between slots was closer than your sketch - it was hard to see where the 45mm was dimensioned to. I have changed it to 45mm between slots instead of from the edge.

1table.jpg

Last edited:
That looks pretty good Denny

Yes outer slots in 25mm from edge of plate then 45mm from outer slot to to next inner slot .this will give plenty of options for bolting stuff on .

l will try Pm you my email address

Regards Nat

Dennys502, that was awesome. This is why I love this place. Everyone pitches in to help where they can.

This is what I have so far - I am doing this in autocad - I can email you a dwf or iges file that they can use to cut the part.
View attachment 254030

I just noticed the distance between slots was closer than your sketch - it was hard to see where the 45mm was dimensioned to. I have changed it to 45mm between slots instead of from the edge.

View attachment 254031
Hi Denny have sent you a message with my email address a drawing and file would be excellent thank you for your kind help

Moper361, I'm lucky I still have the board, T square and stuff just not the desk. So the kitchen table becomes a makeshift desk.
I have not got the hand of any of the software yet, and have loaded a few just to give up on them.

Moper361, I'm lucky I still have the board, T square and stuff just not the desk. So the kitchen table becomes a makeshift desk.
I have not got the hand of any of the software yet, and have loaded a few just to give up on them.
Unfortunatly as a kid computors were only just starting to make there way into schools basicaly at the end off my schooling and would never have been capable of doing drawings like they produce today .I was also a very practile kid and rathered using my hands and open mind when building and designing goes i rarely go of a drawing even now .i can visage what i want and can usually execute the task without drawings .Its just sometimes like now i need a drawing to pass on to get something cut and unfortunatly and especially with language barrier here in thailand i cannot blue tooth whats in my head direct to the vendors head so need a drawing .I did get the hang of visio a while back but like all things computor wise if not used contantly the brain seems to let the knowlege slide away into tbe mist .
There realy is a market for a very basic drawing program for dummys like me i recon lolol

......and have loaded a few just to give up on them.

if not used contantly the brain seems to let the knowlege slide away into tbe mist .
There realy is a market for a very basic drawing program for dummys like me i recon lolol

Just know that you guys are not alone there!
-brino

Back