Get your cobalt cutters while you can.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I read that Apple is trying to buy up Cobalt from the mines directly eliminating the battery makers. They want to guarantee a supply of cobalt for lithium batteries.
Others like Tesla to follow suit. The congo is the largest supplier.

What does that mean for us. Well it means that the price and availability of cobalt will go up in price and be less available.

Looks like cobalt just hit year high. On the downward trend now.

well the news just hit, and I'm not sure that the deal was made yet. So it's affects would not be realized yet.

Maybe I have a fortune just sitting in my "lathe bits" bin!
-brino

Reactions: Z2V
I read that Apple is trying to buy up Cobalt from the mines directly eliminating the battery makers. They want to guarantee a supply of cobalt for lithium batteries.
Others like Tesla to follow suit. The congo is the largest supplier.

What does that mean for us. Well it means that the price and availability of cobalt will go up in price and be less available.
Well Apple will need to fight China for cobalt and other battery minerals--China has been buying all kinds of mines in Africa for the past decade.

My observation has been that a panic rush to buy any product, be it cobalt, sugar, gunpowder or hula hoops, will drive the price up regardless of availability of the raw resource required to make it. Supply and demand.

Tom

Back