Getting Back to Normal

After tinkering with this Kimber for almost 20 years, I may finally have it done. Maybe. Had a cerakoat finish put on it yesterday, titanium lower and dark blue slide. Turned out OK, except that the coating is thicker than I though it would be. Everything that was fit to closer than normal tolerances had to be re-fit. :rolleyes:

IMG_0963.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the best stainless 80% frame for the money? I'm lining up builds at least trying too. I have four builds to do now three ars and glock. It's not like I need them but it's something I 've always done . My one goal is to build a gatling gun but that has to wait. At least for now.

Where's the best stainless 80% frame for the money? I'm lining up builds at least trying too. I have four builds to do now three ars and glock. It's not like I need them but it's something I 've always done . My one goal is to build a gatling gun but that has to wait. At least for now.

I've never seen a stainless 80% lower so I'm interested, too.

I'm kind of having a hard time getting over the mental hurdle that the 80% 1911 kits I know of are about $1100 and I can buy a complete, new 1911 import for $400. I know it's not the same thing, but it still kinda bugs me.

I'm seriously considering a Fusion Firearms frame and slide for my next build. I want to build a Commander style 1911 and do the Ed Brown 'bobtail' conversion on it for carry purposes. Probably a two-tone build as well. :)

I like the bobtail look , and for carry it should work well. I carry my Remington rand 1911 a1 , but I use a flap in the corner of my wheelchair .

beautiful work! I have always wanted to build a 1911, I find them to be an eloquent firearm.

A 1911 is like a Harley. Buying it is just the start. Customizing it is the fun part. :)

And when properly built, the design is as reliable and can be more accurate as any modern 'plastic' gun. This from a guy who does own a plastic gun or two.

Last edited:
Back