Getting frustrated

Make a mental note if you pick up the key , put it back before it leaves your hand. Paint it orange n green obnoxiously ugly so you have to see it.

I learned my lesson on the Bridgeport. I use my Kurt vise handle as the draw bar wrench. Long time ago I switched out a collet won't lie was rushing hit the power button and smack,smack, fling their went the handle. Banged off the motor cover and went flying. Everything was fine thankfully I was more worried if the handle hit my prized possession sitting under a car cover in the next bay. Luckily it didn't! I make it a habit to touch the vise handle every time before start up on the mill and I look at the chuck key in its dedicated spot before I start her up.
I would think one is at a higher chance of being hurt on a machine by being scared of the machine while using it. One must realize the dangers of any machine they use, respect the machine, and be confident of their operations on any machine. Accidents happen in a split second be careful out there!

Back