getting old

savarin

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
There are a few things I really hate about getting old.
The brain thinks the body is still only 27 years old (your stop date may be different) and wont cut in and prevent me from lifting, carrying, doing stuff I did then but really shouldnt now. :bang head:
I never find this out till the next day its been so sneaky.
Memory loss is another area of mild concern. I say mild concern as I dont remember what I forgot. :laughing:
Or at least it was till the other day.
Swmbo asks for a honey do, I say ok then promptly completely and utterly forget it until its remembered for me in no uncertain manner.
And then of course is the "Not Thinking At All" component of this.
Yesterday I ordered a length of brass on ebay. Easy, not many re sellers to choose from, job done.
Until you read the receipts and then realise you ordered the first piece you found rather than the one you wanted (needed) :oops2:
Now what can I use a 6mm thick x 25mm wide piece of brass for? I need a bit of this now :idea:

I took part in a conversation (standing around a hardware store ) in which a real old guy said he was going on 80. After the end of this month, I'll be "going on 80" myself, and I'm nowhere near that old, probably by 20 years. I do get the honey-do reminders on occasion, though.

There are a few things I really hate about getting old.
The brain thinks the body is still only 27 years old (your stop date may be different) and wont cut in and prevent me from lifting, carrying, doing stuff I did then but really shouldnt now. :bang head:
I never find this out till the next day its been so sneaky.
Memory loss is another area of mild concern. I say mild concern as I dont remember what I forgot. :laughing:
Or at least it was till the other day.
Swmbo asks for a honey do, I say ok then promptly completely and utterly forget it until its remembered for me in no uncertain manner.
And then of course is the "Not Thinking At All" component of this.
Yesterday I ordered a length of brass on ebay. Easy, not many re sellers to choose from, job done.
Until you read the receipts and then realise you ordered the first piece you found rather than the one you wanted (needed) :oops2:
Now what can I use a 6mm thick x 25mm wide piece of brass for? I need a bit of this now :idea:
I'm not the only one? ;)

Ah, come on guys, didn't we have this topic of conversation come up several months ago.
Can't anyone remember nuthin' 'round here? :grin: <-- BIG Grin, notice the BIG Grin.

- Shop in detached garage, need something in house, exit shop, (5) steps to the (3) steps of stairs, (8) steps into house (back door)
(12) or so to end up in the center of the kitchen wondering what in the devil it was that you came into the house for. . .

- Keeping an old boat seat flotation device around to use when you have to kneel on a hard surface, then forgetting to use it and your knee(s) remind you for the next few days.

- Grabbing the (50)lbs bag of dog food out of Honey's trunk and wondering why in the world it seems to weigh (100)lbs.
(when exactly did it come to be that I can't lift 50lbs?)

- dagnum limits that increase with age. . .
Dislike this part of aging where you have to stop and think about what it is you're about to attempt.

And I'm not old until, I'm floating on top of the water drifting out of everyone's sight. (personal preference.)

Back