Getting Started 05/17 Version.

the single step is on an old motor i pulled from an old bench grinder set up that I am restoring and the 3 step pulley is from the original motor to my old drill press that i remounted on this motor its a brand new motor i got at a yard sale for like 3 bucks it runs SUUUPER quiet and smooth .. i can look and see but i do believe that the single step would be too small ID to fit on the new motor , its actually quite a small motor over all as well compared to the new one but it does run alright , maybe some grease on the shaft

ill go back down and get better pics of the motors for ya though

I love SUUUPER quiet motors. Feels like this one is telling you "Pick me" - assuming the speed is good for the lathe. Typical speed is around 1750 RPM. A grinder may be too fast, 3500 RPM.

In order to actually use the 3-step motor pulley, you also have to come up with a matching 3-step countershaft pulley, with the right ratios between the steps so that you don't have to use three different belts in order to use it. If the drill press that the motor with the 3-step (or 2-step) pulley still has the intermediate driven pulley, that might work. Once you settle on the pulley combination, you need to borrow or rent a tachometer so that you can make up a speed chart so that you can calculate the SFM versus work piece diameter for each speed.

Thank you, it's a bit too far out from me but that's a nice looking one , thank you

Alright guys here you go , the first two are the motors with the pulleys so you can see their specs and the last two are an old vice I was trying to have an ID on ... I'm guessing it's just a generic old one but I was kinda interested ... it works well for me though haha
IMG_3273.JPG IMG_3274.JPG IMG_3265.JPG IMG_3266.JPG

Back