Getting started

Replying to myself...heh. I'm leaning towards a company in NJ that converts a TAIG mill to CNC and upgrading that to a brushless motor to dispense with the pulleys for spindle speed control.

https://www.deepgroove1.com/cnc-mill

I like the idea of paying a little more to get something that's already integrated and is known to work and produce decent results.

Thoughts?

Best,

Welcome aboard Ritz. I think you have come to the right place, you will find the answers that you are looking for here without getting browbeaten by any of the other members. I also happen to be one of those older iron guys so I may not be able to help you much with your CNC questions but I can certainly assist you if you have any questions or problems with the forum.

I like the idea of paying a little more to get something that's already integrated and is known to work and produce decent results.

I am with you Ritz. You will find that we have the full range here. I purchased a Ready to go CNC Mill from Precision Mathews and have done some upgrades. Others here have built their own or modified existing Mills to one degree or another. It does seam that unless you spend BIG $ that you will need to spend some time upgrading or tinkering with your mill from time to time. Mach3 is a common control platform and it can be a little finiky to get setup but at least for me, once I got it dialed in I have had little or no problems with it.

The main thing is to think about what you will use the CNC mill for so you get what you need for what you want to do.

Last edited:
Back