Giant CT-416 TIG/MMA/ Plasma Cutter

Quad, with this thread being 3-1/2 years old I hope Hawkeye sees it and responds .
Oops

I am curious if this machine is still functioning.

Friend sorta came into one and well...it wont truligger air valve for plasma cutting.

Just curious

Hi.
my Name is Barry. I have had a CT416 for a while now but never tried to use it.
I'm rebuilding a 1969 GTO so decided to fire this baby up today.
well...it doesn't work.
Mine looks slightly different on the outside but the inside looks the same. It even has a fuseholder in the upper left hand corner but it is not connected internally.
I wired it up to a welder socket and am feeding it 240V.
I get a power light on the power switch and the fan on then turns off after a few seconds.
I'm not sure if that is normal.
Hoping to get some help to get this thing going.
I'm can actually make an arc in the first few seconds but it Immediately shuts down.

is there any info on this thing so i can see whats going on? I'm an electronics engineer but all this is too much without schematics. It seems that the SMPS shuts down.

I really haven't used the CT since my house fire. I think it still works, but I don't remember what it took to set it up.

The manual I referred to at the beginning of this thread is pretty feeble and, as mentioned, the diagrams don't show up. But, if you can get anything out of it, here it is.

Attachments

• GIEPMT232829 Plasma-TIG.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
I really haven't used the CT since my house fire. I think it still works, but I don't remember what it took to set it up.

The manual I referred to at the beginning of this thread is pretty feeble and, as mentioned, the diagrams don't show up. But, if you can get anything out of it, here it is.
Hey thanks. Sorry about your house. :(
I had already found that manual. Indeed it is useless.
It seemed to me that you found more info to work on yours and or someone to talk to about it.
It would be nice to use this machine as more than a door stop. I paid almost $600 for mine and the guy i got it from disappeared. I should have tested it sooner. :(

Back