Gift ideas?

SaraD

Registered
Registered
Hi There!
I'm just wondering if anyone has any Christmas gift suggestions for my husband? He's been a machinist for about 10 years now and it is definitely his passion. I know nothing about machining... at all, but I know a gift that has to do with machining would be the best kind of gift I could give. Thanks for the help in advance!

My girlfriend pick me up a really nice tool apron last year maybe something like that. Men tend to like to buy their own tools

Hi Sara,
i'm sure if you were to get him a gift card for Ebay/Amazon or a tool supplier,
your husband could find the tools he'd like :grin:

+1 on the new shop apron
they really have some nice ones these days

if your husband likes old books, get him a vintage Machinery's Handbook- maybe a 10th edition or somewhere around there
(i know i'd want something like that :))

Agree about tooling - most people are pretty particular about that sort of thing, not to mention being more likely to fault the tool if they didn't purchase it themselves.

The Village Press Projects books, or something more whimisical like Bulgin's Puzzles and Peculiarities from the Machine Shop, might make for a fun surprise. Or might not, some people dislike books.

Hmm, a McMaster-Carr gift card... :excitement:

Hi Sara

Just thinking if you were contemplating gift card, KBC Tools or Lee Valley Tools will both ship within Canada. Some of the other more popular places may not ship out of the US anymore, so just something to think about.

-frank

Hi There!
I'm just wondering if anyone has any Christmas gift suggestions for my husband? He's been a machinist for about 10 years now and it is definitely his passion. I know nothing about machining... at all, but I know a gift that has to do with machining would be the best kind of gift I could give. Thanks for the help in advance!

Does your husband ever mention tools that he would like to add to his collection? Even if you don't really understand what they are,
if you remember what they're called, you can check here and someone can translate for you.

Back