Gingery Shaper

@horty,

I got a phone call from the Jack A.. that farms my land and he said he was bring that 40' boom off one side of his sprayer to my shop,
I said I would be there in 20 min..
Got to the shop and seen a lot of tractor tracks, but no sprayer boom,

To my heart attack surprise it was in my shop on the floor, and on my gingery lathe, and pedestal grinder, and old tool box, and bag of floor dry,
and my stinky old beer cans that were in the garbage cans that were strewn all over the floor...

Brutal.
I bet JA will have some shop privledges revoked!

It is unfathomable how someone would try to take such advantage of someone else, especially when they are being helped.

I understand that accidents happen, but JA has gotta make amends.
Perhaps that's what the phone calls are about...or is it me being naive..... I'm NOT general known for optimism....

just doesn't feel like the same machine now, still need to do some scraping to get it right.

Tim I get the impression that if anyone can clean up this mess properly it is you!

I hope it all gets straighened out to your benefit!

-brino

Answer the phone. Maybe he wants to make amends!

Hi, well, I answered the phone and it was what I thought it would be, "Are You Done Straightening That Spray Boom Yet"
I don't find much good is these spoiled rich kid farmers around this area, and this an good example of how they are, its all about them and no consideration about anyone other that there bloodline which runs into about 9 big family farmers in the area, all surrounding me... If your not in the bloodline you are nothing to them.

I always help and do what I can to and make a little extra cash here and there as most of them have no mechanical knowledge.

If I make a big deal out of this I will have no one renting my land. so this problem needs to be addressed in a special way...

I'll do my straightening job, and when I total my hours I'll add the time I was sitting, drinking beer and coffee, that could add to hundreds.. and then just add that to the bill. I was born at night but not last night, and there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, I would never skin a cat or even why do it, but there must be more than 1 way I'm sure... I think this is it....:beer mugs:

So, that's enough, getting upset stomach thinking about it.. :beer bottles:Time for desert!!

It will all work out in the end, it always has.

Thanks,
Tim

I would have a seperate entry on the bill, for lathe repair. How could he do something like that, and not know? I cannot imagine how bad I would feel if I did something like that to someone else's equipment.

I couldn’t not tell him the damage he caused. That’s just a jerk move on his part.

I’m confident that you have an advanced degree in diplomacy though and will ensure you are made whole and he won’t know what hit him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have a seperate entry on the bill, for lathe repair. How could he do something like that, and not know? I cannot imagine how bad I would feel if I did something like that to someone else's equipment.
He does know, thats the way he is, last year I seen some of my property line posts knocked down, I knew who did it, I waited 2 months and never heard anything about it, I called him and asked if he knew who did it, he said he did and its not a big deal just put them back up, I told him to do it, they are still not fixed... all this is funny to them, I have know them all my life and went to school with most of them.. Oh Well. .. I could write a 1000 page book on how stupid they are even the parents,,, ALL WEIRD.

Tim

I couldn’t not tell him the damage he caused. That’s just a jerk move on his part.

I’m confident that you have an advanced degree in diplomacy though and will ensure you are made whole and he won’t know what hit him.

I have a plan, I always have a plan...
Tim

:popcorn: waiting for the sequel Tim.

Did you make some dowels out of those fence posts after sharpening the nozzles on the spray boom?

Hey vtcnc, you messed with my head a little there but then I got it? Hows everyone doing?
Been busy trying to rebuild my lathe, putting air conditioner in the shop, doing some plant propagation of some trees and shrubs I need more of, getting ready for the garden, working on building a sandblast cabinet, need to do something with those gutters on the pole barn, sliding snow off the roof keeps bending them, thinking of hinging them to drop down in the winter and swing them up and lock them in the summer..Might work...
Sick of fixing them every year, cuts into my beer time..
Been staking out some drainage areas on my farm land that should of been done by my loving farmer man, hasn't been done for 5 years and according to the contract should be evaluated and done if needed every year,,, ,so I come up with a plan...not sure if it will satisfy my busted lathe and smart A-- remarks from loving farmer, but will see..and will let you know the story, or sequel of this situation. Oh, just about forgot, need to collect $100 from another farmer that crushed my mail box and broke the pole off at the ground last fall, he seems to have trouble coming up with the money..
Hope your all doing good,
Have a nice day or evening:),
Tim

Back