Girsan Regard, Barrel Cut Back, And Recrown

seagiant

Registered
Registered
Hi,
Was not impressed with the Crown on my Regard (fully functional, but...)

I also wanted the Barrel flush with the slide.

I have a 80 year old Lathe with only a 3/4" thru hole, in the headstock spindle.

Also my 4 Jaw is not deep enough to hold the barrel length with the lugs in the way, sooo...

Had to use the 3 jaw.

Turned a jig to hold the Barrel and marked everything to be able to keep it indexed to the chuck as it was turned.

Went with a 20 degree cut for a little more protection than my usual 11 degree Crown.

Think it came out pretty nice, left a hair of overhang, here are some crummy pics (as usual) but looks better to me!crown1.jpgcrown2.jpgcrown3.jpgcrown4.jpgcrown5.jpgcrown6.jpgcrown7.jpg

One of my range buddies is very much into the current Turkish pistols. He shot Canik before anyone knew who they were, and has been salivating over the Girsan high power. Didn't know they had a model 92 out also. I know it might be the photo, but why is there so much daylight between the barrel and the slide bore? Does the barrel lock up tight in battery, or does it jiggle at the end? Why did you decide on 20 degrees instead of 11?

Hi,
Thanks, no the barrel is locked in battery with no movement, that I can tell.

It is what it is I guess, but there seems to be no problem with function or accuracy.

Remember that Girsan, Tisas, and SAR, all cater to Military/ Police Contracts, I heard the Turkish Army is using this as their Service Pistol.

On the angle of the Crown, for pistols, a 20 degree cut should set back and protect the muzzle end a wee bit better than the more flatter 11 degree!

Hi,
Something else was the Beretta "G" Decock Only Ambi Safey I installed...

This will keep from setting the Slide Safety on SAFE when you do a Mag change and rack the slide, putting the safety ON and no hammer release when you really need it...

A BIG downside to slide mounted Safetys!

Back