Gits Oilers oil

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
What kind of oils are you lubing your milling machines with? My b-port clone has gits Oilers up top, and a one shot oiler system down low.
I just picked me up a big jug of way oil, I assume that can be used in the one shot down low, but what are you putting in the heads?

My Jet JTM-1 BP clone uses DTE light in the head, not gits though they are flip top oil fittings. One squirt of oil makes a mess of spindle for weeks. This lubes spindle movement in vertical direction it does not lube the bearings which are sealed. You don't want to use way oil here, light oil only. My knee and saddle are hit with the one shot, I use Vactra there medium weight.

I just spoke to an oil rep and she did some research and actually said air tool oil is basically the same thing as spindle oil. Just have to research to make sure the air tool oil won't harm the metals in older machines, ie, brass, aluminum, copper, bronze, etc
There's lots of air tool oil around! And it can be used in all the oil cups on the head.

Good old ISO 46 hydraulic oil works the best for spindle oil. It has all of the necessary key ingredients that air tool oil may not have for precision bearings. Plus air tool oil is too light for spindle bearings in my opinion. You can also get a two gallon jug of it from just about any auto supply or Tractor Supply, too.

I searched the local tractor supply website for 46 and they don't have it.
I just emailed my oil supplier that I got the way oil from. She doesn't have the 46 but has come up with suitable options. Exploring those now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually the tractor store has 46. On sale too. Which is good cause I could only get 5 gal.

Actually the tractor store has 46. On sale too. Which is good cause I could only get 5 gal.
I notice in my MSC flyer that came in the mail today, they have Mobile DTE in a 1 gallon jug. But before I would get the DTE look for the Mobile Velocite grades of oil, which I'm pretty sure they carry. In fact, go to Amazon, they carry them too!

Thanks Ken. The Mobil can't be delivered to Canada, the second you posted will, but I bought a jug of iso 46 today, as per your suggestion.

Back