Gloat : wilton baby bullet 2" vise with swivel base

Gosh guys. Now you got me thinking about keeping this vise when I was thinking I could sell it and tool up other stuff.... I'm going to have to think hard about it after all your responses... I love quality tools... They pay for themselves, unless you're a hobbiest mostly. I use my bench vise daily and would not have a shop without one, so I am sure I'd find a use for it.....

Oh. One odd thing is that there is no date code on the key. I'm wondering if it is an oddity or normal for the baby bullet vises to be missing this. Also another difference I noticed between it and ones in pictures online I will post a picture of later

Oh. One odd thing is that there is no date code on the key. I'm wondering if it is an oddity or normal for the baby bullet vises to be missing this. Also another difference I noticed between it and ones in pictures online I will post a picture of later

One of the best places to find out about your vise is "The Vises Of Garage Journal" on the Garage Journal forums. You will get plenty of good information there.
BTW: I'd vote to keep it unless you can make a ton of profit on flipping it. 1. Good old arn is hard to find, 2. The "cool factor" is high, 3. You will regret selling it, & 4. You can't have too many vises.

Edit: A point that I want to make concerning flipping, there's a lot of vises that I regret selling because of the rarity of them. So...choose carefully.

Happy Trails!

Last edited:
That vise is in great shape. They are VERY collectable. If you want to restore it, Rustoleum Very Green hammertone is the closest color to original. What is the date stamped on the key under the slide?

You're close to the color Hammertone. It's called "Verde Green" I just Gave me wilton 835 a facelift. I used that color paint. I like the looks of it.

002.JPG 001.JPG

You're close to the color Hammertone. It's called "Verde Green" I just Gave me wilton 835 a facelift. I used that color paint. I like the looks of it.

OOPS! I didn't proof read. Thanks for the correction. That restoration looks great!

I've owned a bunch of those little 2" Wiltons... I really intend to keep one some day, but I always end up watching them sell for $300 on eBay and convince myself that I really don't need a $300 vise and would rather spend that money on other tools. Yours has the extra block on the Anvil. Those seem a bit rarer and tend to sell on the higher end. Most of the Wiltons I've seen are date stamped on the keyway, but I've seen a few that aren't.

i found one at a garage sale cost me three dollars

Back