Go750g - Three Years Old With Extras, Deal?

If he is coming all the way from Utah, he is not going back empty handed.
If you have the cash in hand, it is worth what he is asking and I would let him know that you will pay asking price, no haggling.

If he is coming all the way from Utah, he is not going back empty handed.
If you have the cash in hand, it is worth what he is asking and I would let him know that you will pay asking price, no haggling.
I emailed him that I would send a deposit Saturday and pick up on Wednesday or full asking price.

Congrats Brooks!

The G0750 is a nice lathe, I looked hard at a used local one a couple of years ago. The only down side to me is the QCTB. If you do a lot of single point threading, you'll likely be opening up the head stock quadrant cover and changing gears (change gear chart is below). In the grand scheme of things, probably takes 2-3 minutes to pull the cover and change the gears. Then at least 10 minutes to make the cut so it's not a significant amount of time relative to the overall project. I had a similar gear box on a lathe years ago and made hang tags with the number of teeth of the gears on each tag. Hung the appropriate tag in place so I knew which gear setup was on the quadrant.

With all of the extra hardware included it's a great deal! Always nice to get a new piece of hardware in the shop, enjoy!

Bruce

G0750 QCGB chart
upload_2016-8-13_8-13-12.png

Capture.JPG

Back