Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Let's hope i don't need that may doors, one was expensive enough.

Last edited:
Well the summer heat seems to been too much for the battery in the 607, it was weak when i bought the car but was starting it no problems. But few days ago while getting ready for a trip i rolled the windows down and the car freaked out, windscreen wipers come on locks started to flicker, i've seen this before so in less than 5 minutes i changed the batteries i grabbed the fresh one from the little niva wich was parked next to the 607, it undersized for it but it worked. Drove the 607 for few days with it i had to do a long trip around my entire country when i come back, went and bought me a new battery got it home, took the caps off the terminals and it's not new, fustrated took it back, got a new one also bought me 8 more liters of gearbox oil to do couple oil flushes on the gearbox, yeah just as i had to change the battery is started to rain heavy. Battery and the oil come to less than 100$ not too bad, it's surprising how much prices vary from place to place, people are saying it's gotten worse during this pandemic.
IMG_20200807_135837.jpgIMG_20200807_135845.jpgIMG_20200807_140641.jpg

It's been a warm summer, and this car has keep cool all summer long, i've also learned to use some of the equipment that my other cars don't have, i found out that it has voice commands that are in german, but i also found out i can use cruise control with my voice, which is lot of fun on a boring highway, when it mistaken 120km/h with 220 km/h and goes full throttle to reach that haha.
IMG_20200803_151044.jpg

Beginning of summer I bought and stretched over this gardening net to get more shade for my vehicles. And today we got a big hail storm ice balls as big as wheel bolts, it did lots of damage on all the vehicles and houses around me, but my net did save the day it has grown in with the grapes, most of the ice bounce off some of the small pieces landed on the net and it held up, not a dent on any of my cars. And surprise surprise couple of my neighbors started to put up carports like my. We don't get hail often, in fact i can remember less than 10 hail storms in my lifetime. But it's good to be prepared for everything, i've heard from people from other countries that hailstorms cause lots of damage and are often in some places.
IMG_20200522_173536.jpgIMG_20200523_175416_2.jpgIMG_20200815_155737.jpg

that's good fortune! Especially with your lovely peugeot. We get a lot of hail storms here, some of them powerful enough to strip shingles off roofs (our roof was replaced 4 years ago). When one is forcast our neighbours either cover their cars with blankets or clear out all the junk they have in their garages so they can put their car inside. The ones that don't end up with cars that look like golf balls.

hat's good fortune! Especially with your lovely peugeot. We get a lot of hail storms here, some of them powerful enough to strip shingles off roofs (our roof was replaced 4 years ago). When one is forcast our neighbours either cover their cars with blankets or clear out all the junk they have in their garages so they can put their car inside. The ones that don't end up with cars that look like golf balls.
I've seen couple of hail dented cars but most of them were imported like that. Couple years back a neighbor was laying his car got hit by hail but i wasn't fooled, later the truth come out, his lady friend found out he is married and took what looks like ball pein hammer to his mercedes, i know hail can't damage vehicle sideways and most of the dents were around the drivers corner, haha.

yeah scorned women are pretty dangerous. I once saw a nice newish Miata (Mazda 2 seater) for sale for $200 by a woman who just found out her husband had been cheating on her. Someone got a good deal...

Update time, last couple of months i've been using this car a lot, the little niva is apart, and the 605 is resting, lets start with the good things. The engine is running perfectly, no check engine lights at all, the fuel economy has improved, the gearbox is shifting smoother, less valve body sticking, i've learn more about it its power band, its sweet spots. I've put it thru couple more cooling system torture tests and it is not overheating. But that is where the good news stop, i'm having a slow coolant leak, only place where i can find coolant is the valley of the engine it is probably the thermostat housing, i had the power steering fluid boil on me once that made a mess, so that part of the engine bay needs washing. The New battery died, and the place that sold it to me changed it and give it back, i'll have to leave it to die completely, i've been using the battery from the little niva in the meanwhile. The last and worst news is a nut fell on the front windscreen, right on the top edge and cracked it, so i'll need a new windscreen. To end this update on a happier note i attached some photos of it in the mountains.
IMG_20200907_120346fffd.jpgIMG_20200908_175505.jpgIMG_20200908_124956.jpgIMG_20200908_154828.jpgIMG_20200908_160811_1fdfff.jpg

Yesterday and a bit today i did some work on this car. Work that had me waiting for parts for months and once they arrived i've been putting it off. The work in question is the drivers window, because someone sideswiped the car before i bought it and broke the plastic sliders that peugeot used. Those sliders are garbage so i ordered me stronger ones made from aluminium, mainly because i was missing the steel clamp that clamps the window. The new sliders arrived about a month ago but when i went to installed them i realased the cables are messed up. Someone has been spinning the window motor and the cables had twisted in a nut and destroyed the plastic drum that they need to wrap around. So i ordered me a rebuild kit and it arrived about a week ago, in the meanwhile i made and welded on a cable holder that was missing. Then i removed the window and realised that one of the glue on holders was missing so i made me a new one from this aluminium heat sink, i had to stack 3 cutting stones so i can cut 7mm groove for the glass, my 607 has double glazed windows, i used windscreen silicone to glue the new mount and left it overnight to harden. I also did some repairs on the door panel, replaced all the broken door clips glued together some seams where someone had dameged it. And this morning i put it together, now the window work like all the others and the door panel doesn't rattle. I did lost some of the photos, but you can see the repaired mechanism with the new shiny cables and aluminium slides, men do the french overcomplicate things and the tolerances where the window slides is insanely tight.
IMG_20200913_120238_1.jpgIMG_20200913_123232.jpgIMG_20200913_194538.jpgIMG_20200913_194516.jpg

Back