Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Small update, the crack in the windscreen seems to stopped, but that is not only thing that stopped their, coming home from work in a rainstorm, the windscreen wipers slowed down and stopped followed by a burnt smell. Because of it aerodynamic shape the water flows off the windscreen at speed which is good except the wipers stopped in the middle and only the left edge of my vision is clear so i ended driving like ace ventura with my head sideways. Left the car to rest for 2 days, i've been very busy at work, i drove the 605 and today i decided to see what is the problem, and guess what, it only a blown fuse. I did took off the cover for the mechanism, and greased up the mehanizam, one of the shafts was a bit tight, my thought is that shaft got hot and overloaded the wiper motor.
IMG_20201001_132638.jpgIMG_20201001_132836.jpg

Over the summer the small coolant leak become bigger and bigger, and i was adding water, now with the inspection pit in usable shape it was the first vehicle to get some attention, i have almost straight water in it and the temperatures are dropping. I drain the system, then took apart the intake, i know the leak is in the middle of the engine, in the valley there is coolant and no suprase one of the outlets that i fixed has come completely off, also the O ring under it was destroyed. I need to find me a new thermostat housing or come up with a better fix.
IMG_20201121_143512.jpgIMG_20201121_143517.jpgIMG_20201121_143530.jpgIMG_20201121_154544.jpg

Just caught up on your rebuild.

What an accomplishment! Well done!
:beer:

I've seen couple of hail dented cars but most of them were imported like that. Couple years back a neighbor was laying his car got hit by hail but i wasn't fooled, later the truth come out, his lady friend found out he is married and took what looks like ball pein hammer to his mercedes, i know hail can't damage vehicle sideways and most of the dents were around the drivers corner, haha.

Years ago I lived in an apartment building in the Bay Area. One Saturday morning I heard a banging noise out in the street and went out on the porch to look. A woman in a car was smashing the front bumper of her car into the side of a car parked along the curb, working her way from the front to the back. I saw my neighbor out on his porch and innocently
asked, "Should we do something about this?". He replied " No, it's his ex wife, he'll know who did it". :)

After few days of searching for used and new thermostat housing i decided to fix this one again. This time i made a mechanical connection, in thread in a insert and bolt to hold it down. And a very good quality hi temp silicone, i also bought a new O ring and had to replace one hose because it has a big hole and put it all together, fill it with new G12 coolant, pump the system and its holding, then i fire the engine bleed the entire system of air. And took it for a test drive, i did blow off the intake on a C clip under boost, put it together on the side of the road, then i test it even harder, i got it a bit sideways and managed to damaged one of the back tires, you can see the cut chunk of the sidewall, all in all the cooling system its holding, lets hope it lasts. With the 607 out of the garage i can finally put all the covers on the inspection pit and see it covered.
IMG_20201122_165236.jpgIMG_20201122_165249.jpgIMG_20201124_140021.jpgIMG_20201124_142936.jpgIMG_20201126_154033.jpgIMG_20201126_154340.jpgIMG_20201126_153907.jpg

During the summer the battery on this car went bad, so i bought a new one ( the black one) after 3 weeks that one also failed, so i robbed the battery from the little niva and i've been driving the 607 with it, because the new (black) battery went to the shop that sold it to me under warranty, first they charged it and said it is good but it wasn't, i took it back and they said they'll call more then a month passed, so i went there they tested it in front of me and it had 0 volts. So they needed to give me a new one, but a asked to pay the difference and to get a better quality. He asked why, i showed him the corner with all the warranty batteries and most of them wore the same make. He agree i paid 17$ more and got me tundra ( silver battery) i gave it a charge and will install it over the weekend. Here there is a saying warranty last till the item leaves the door of the store, that said is very difficult to get anything changed or repaired under warranty.
IMG_20201204_164524.jpg

What do you do if this happened to you when sitting at a red light. Normal day, sitting at a red light adjusting the radio, i've heard a crash and the parking sensors started to beep, i was in drive so i just accelerated, full left and got out thankfully no traffic in the other lane. Then i looked back and seen an 18 wheeler slowly push all the cars like toys. Parked up went to see if everyone was ok and all was good just scared and scrapes. Trucker jump out and choked the tires on the trailer i ask him "what did you did" he said he lost all the brakes. From what i know that should not be possible. But anyway i got really lucky, i don't know if the cherokee behind me touch the rear bumper but it has no damaged. The picture is recreation but at that moment that is what i've seen.
IMG_20201231_143136.jpg

Over the last month, and part of december i've been looking parts for this car, it's been leaking coolant worse than before. New parts are incredibly expensive, things you are looking at the picture are more than 500$. So i've been looking at used parts and finally found lightly used and combine them with some parts that i had i should have enough. The thermostat is 2017 and the hose is 2010. I'm busy now but soon i'll be doing this repair again.
IMG_20210112_192303.jpgIMG_20210112_192307.jpgIMG_20210112_192315.jpgIMG_20210112_192333.jpg

This looks very familiar, i've done this procedure couple months ago now again but with newer parts. Plastic cooling system and all of those quick connect fittings are very bad design definitely not suitable for the high temps and vibrations of diesel engines. Today i did manage to drain the coolant and disassemble it. I need to do a lot of cleaning and i'll be using silicone on all the joints, definitely don't want no more leaks. Today i also find a good deal on some nearly new winter tires for it and i bought them, they are the same make model and size that i have on it now but they have double the threads, and yes they are Made in Russia, which is not bad because they are winter tires.
IMG_20210120_194531.jpgIMG_20210120_194538.jpgIMG_20210120_135155.jpgIMG_20210120_135251.jpg

Back