Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Test pressure too low.

Oil pressure is very high and seal may only fail under operating pressure maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Does sound like oil is pushing its way into the coolant via the oil cooler. Its not unheard of for oil>water coolers to fail that way.

It has that issue, that oil has pushed its way in the coolant system but is very little quantity because it isn't missing any oil in the engine, the pressure is coming from combustion chambers or the exhaust gases because is pushing the coolant at a fast rate when the engine is started.

After couple more hours of searching on the internet and diagnosing i found that i have a faint noise in cylinder 4 and 6 so this means the heads need to come off. Started with the high pressure pump, cam covers and intakes they all come off, then i had to remove the front and rear timing belt and then started with unbolting the cams and head bolts they are tight very tight one head come off no visible leaks i broke two sockets and one ratchet, than the other side i couldn't unbolt it, so i used the huge electric impact and with 3 bolt left i broke my last 18mm socket i had to stop, tomorrow i'll buy couple more 18mm sockets it's going to be fun cleaning and reassembling it has 24 valves, hydrolic lifters rollers and 4 camshafts.
IMG_20200223_190916.jpgIMG_20200223_203807_1.jpgIMG_20200223_203800.jpg

May the gods stand between you and harm, in all the empty places you must walk... Lol

That's a bonkers amount of torque on those head bolts. Assume they're angle tightened stretch bolts? Always scares the **** out of me that the threads are going to strip when doing them up.

oday i spent half a day fighting with the fuel injectors i used up an entire can of penetrating oil and lots of bruised ankles
Been really impressed with your work ever since your work on the Little Niva, but finding that you work with your FEET is astounding.:applause:
Puts you in a class above that other Great Macedonian, Alexander.
John.

Been really impressed with your work ever since your work on the Little Niva, but finding that you work with your FEET is astounding.:applause:
Puts you in a class above that other Great Macedonian, Alexander.
John.

i'm having to hold the engine with my feet and applying as much force as i can to a 1 metre cheater bar to break the bolts free. That's not fun.

Today after work i bought me a new 18mm socket and continued removing the front head. And its good news and bad new, the head gasket is showing signs that it has been over torque on one corner right between cylinder 4 and 6 and one coolant passage. i'll need to do some more cleaning and measuring for straightness.
IMG_20200224_203127.jpgIMG_20200224_194650.jpgIMG_20200224_201050.jpgIMG_20200224_201041.jpgIMG_20200224_201041.jpgIMG_20200224_202149.jpg

That's been blowing really badly! Bet you'll find some warpage; either the block or head. Are there signs of someone having been into it before?

Yeah, the engine block is nearly new and the head gaskets have been recently been changed in the car.

Back