Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

Great clean-up.
Nice too see no other nasty surprises!

Thanks for all the high-quality photos.
I know what a pain it is to stop every few minutes, clean your hands so you can pick up the camera, get the proper view, focus and light, and then take the time to post them here. It is appreciated!

-brino

A great write up, I'm glad it's not me I'd have lost patience days ago. Actually I hate small engines I'm used to ships engines.

You'll have to be very careful when rebuilding it,you won't want to have to do it again.

Keep up the good work

Bob.

that'll be a fabulous engine and car once you put it back together. You'll have to be careful that people in your neighbourhood don't think that you've suddenly become royalty or a drug dealer :)

that'll be a fabulous engine and car once you put it back together. You'll have to be careful that people in your neighbourhood don't think that you've suddenly become royalty or a drug dealer :)

Haha, here is a man who clearly hasn't been in central europe (balkans). Here is a whole different world, people around here are clever, they don't take you at a face value. They will talk to you and find out are you acting or are you for real. So no worries there. To be honest i'm not the biggest fan of its styling, but the driving dynamics and ride comfort make up for it.

reat clean-up.
Nice too see no other nasty surprises!

Thanks for all the high-quality photos.
I know what a pain it is to stop every few minutes, clean your hands so you can pick up the camera, get the proper view, focus and light, and then take the time to post them here. It is appreciated!

-brino

Thank you Brino.
I don't mind taking the photos i use my phone and i have a heavy duty cover over it so i'm handling it with dirty, greasy hands. Posting them and writing the threads takes me awhile and i often make mistakes mainly because English is not my first language. It some time helps me to keep a timeline when and what have i've done, I also hope it can inspire and help others.

When everyone is running around buying food because of the coronavirus i'm buying car parts. I bought me couple of jugs of engine oil, some antifreeze, two head gaskets, oil pan gasket and couple more seals and some loctite. The parts prices on this engine are insane in fact what you see here cost me more than i make in month.
IMG_20200314_133119.jpgIMG_20200314_133154.jpgIMG_20200314_212301.jpgIMG_20200313_175310.jpg

Today spent a lot of time cleaning and painting the engine block i clean the entire block with gasoline in a spray bottle, wire brushed couple spots and left it to dry. I want to paint the block to enclose the rust on the outside also to make it look better. After looking at the paints i had on my shelf i did not like any of them so i mixed me a unique color just for it. I started with a white base added silver and black to get this pearl color. I used a no:10 brash and painted the entire engine block. This took me entire evening i'll clean up the machined surfaces with a razer blade ones it harden. I'm sure it will not even be visible once in the car but i feel better when it's clean.
IMG_20200317_202058.jpgIMG_20200317_202909.jpgIMG_20200317_202915.jpgIMG_20200317_215935.jpgIMG_20200317_220114.jpgIMG_20200317_223553.jpg

That's an amazing project you've taken on. Here in the US, cars such as that are routinely scrapped because our $125 per hour shop labor cost would add up to more than the car's worth.

The parts prices on this engine are insane in fact what you see here cost me more than i make in month.
Sometimes when a forum member in a far-off country takes on an engine project, I'd offer to help by buying parts here in the US and shipping them overseas. However, it's doubtful there are any parts for your Pugeot V6 diesel in warehouses in the US.

Keep working and we'll keep following along.

jack vines

Today i begin assembly on the engine for the 607. Started with cleaning all the paint from the machined surfaces with a razer blade. Then i used some strong solvents to clean the main bearings, caps and the engine block. When i was cleaning i clean out the oil jets main cap bolts all 72 of them. Then i started with the oil jets torquing them i also used some loctite on them. Then i installed the crank bearings, they are made by Ford. Oil them and dropped the crank, i also used a little bit of silicone on the back oil seal cover. Then came time to torque all the bolts, i used couple of torque wrenches and angle gauges. I wasn't too sure about one bolt so i unbolted all of them and re torqued all of them again, by the time i was done my arms are hurting.
IMG_20200318_114907.jpgIMG_20200318_131556.jpgIMG_20200318_132415.jpgIMG_20200318_133519.jpgIMG_20200318_134148_1.jpgIMG_20200318_144819_1.jpgIMG_20200318_144826.jpg

Back