Going to see my son tomorrow for his birthday. Now where did I put that box?

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
My son didn't spend much time in the shop growing up, he was a computer kid, game player. He's a man now, and still a kid, 26 today.
He just got a 3D printer, and the last couple of Christmas's his wish list has been tools. So I thought he would never get bitten by the bug to build and modify. But it just took a lot longer. I wish he had spent more time, but that's water under the bridge and long floated away.
Anyway the trip tomorrow is loaded with cool tools for him, but I CAN'T FIND THE BOX OF FILES I started putting together for him. I'm 2 hours into the stupid search....!!!!!!!!:mad: The shop is a bit of a mess right now, and needs a cleanup, but the box is a wooden box with dividers, and I can't believe how something that size can disappear... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. Been there, doing that on a a daily basis, it seems. Try doing something else. The shop gremlins that hide these things get tired of the game and bring them out into plain sight. It might help to start an order for replacement files and pretend to hit the "Buy Now" button.

YES I DO---that's when I ask the Lord to show me where it is at ---and I go about something else---it doesn't take long for me to run across what I was looking for ---I get the help everytime and I wonder why I don't ask for the help right away before I spend all the frustrating time looking first---Dave

well it took a long time and I found them in a drawer that I must have looked in 4 or 5 times. I just didn't see the box. Funny how that happens. Glad the wife wasn't there.
Then I wanted to give him a tap and die set that I had since I was a kid, But the handles that came with it were crap, but I had other handles that I had, and recently I upgraded my handles. Well now I could not find the old ones. 2 -3 hours looking for them. I started cleaning up figuring they would show up. They did in one of the drawers of my Kennedy base cabinets. Damn I probably opened every drawer but that drawer.
Almost done packing up. He even wants my little Delta Benchtop drill press that I was going to sell at a garage sale... so he seems to be on the road to becoming more capable.

Get him a good set of drill bits,something that you'd buy for yourself.

I did already. I bought him a quality set of split point bits for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago. They were fractional. I probably need to get him a letter or numbered set these days.

Woodchucker , the mind is usually the second thing to go ! ;)

Sounds to me you are on the way to loosing your entire shop, if you are not very careful.;)
Brian.

Lucky is the man who has a son , my luck is three daughters one I had in the shop climbing on mowers taking screws and bolts out at about four years old . But my oldest is the tool junkie , she's claimed the entire shop and even all my guns . I taught her how to hunt and fish as with our youngest. But my middle one is the baker and chef mom and dad helped there. Losing items here I have help it's not where I left it YUPP the four of them helped clean up a little , can't say my answer to there help but --------- ------ ---- -----. Don't help . My wife's cost me more money because she sees no value in items . So eventually you'll find your items mine just maybe they'll turn up when I'm dead. YUPP the wife gave my coin collection old and the state quarters . To our baby just so she could cleanup the tray I used for my pocket items. Her answer I didnt know. She's banned from the shop , visits only . My computer ,, brain knows where I last put things , my friends can't believe I know where everything is but I do in the shop. The house never to much help in there.

YES I DO---that's when I ask the Lord to show me where it is at ---and I go about something else---it doesn't take long for me to run across what I was looking for ---I get the help everytime and I wonder why I don't ask for the help right away before I spend all the frustrating time looking first---Dave

Because He helps those who helps themselves! You have to put in your time, first.

Back