Gonna Be a HOT one!

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This whole week that is. I woke up this morning sweating. Heat wave started yesterday. Looks like I'm gonna be lazy today watching TV & eating chicken wings in front of the AC all day! :big grin:

Screenshot_20200815-134455.jpg

My son messaged me that Mountain View hit 100 degrees yesterday. Told him to buy a better AC unit. He said no more window space. I said buy a bigger house! Doesn't help that a 60 year old house in that area sells for over a million bucks.

I'm sure it will be quite a pleasant night in at work tonight . Not so much the heat , but the humidity is absolutely atrocious . Thank god I'm liquid cooled Sunday thru Tuesday . :grin:

OK , time to make the donuts for till 7am EDT . :(

I'm about an hour east of darkzero, and feel the heat. I've belonged to SCE's summer program where they can shut off your AC during high demand. The discounts are great, and I don't remember being shut off in past 15 years or so. Well they did last night around 7 pm. It was unpleasantly warm, especially in our upstairs bedroom. It came back on sometime after I fell asleep, and felt great upon awaking. It's been working all day, and I hope she stays on.

I saw on the news last night that they were doing rolling black outs yesterday until 10pm. My area didn't get them. What I didn't understand was yesterday was nowhere near as hot as today. Not that I'm complaining though.

Back