Gonna Be a HOT one!

Send some of that my way. Been raining last 4 days. Calling for more next week.

I sure do miss the rain cause we don't get much of it anymore. We sure could use some cause there's a bunch of huge fires going on. When isn't CA on fire. :(

Pic taken yesterday, Lake Hughes (Castaic) fire.
20200814_145521.jpg

107 at my house today. More of the same forecast through next week. Was in the 90's at 8 am this morning when I finished fixing a broken fence in the lower pasture. I am seriously considering insulating my garage shop and extending the hvac ducting from the kitchen into the garage.

One thing I don't miss about living in Antioch, CA. I grew up on the coast in Oregon, don't deal well with heat. In fact, I am a member of the Frosty The Snowman Club. Anything above 75 degrees, I melt.

Had a rolling blackout here last night, fortunately the AC had just brought the temp down but honestly I can deal with a few days of heat here in mild Santa Cruz, CA.

We've lived in Northern Michigan for 10 years (think brutally cold in the winter followed by humid heat in the summer). Before that we lived for 8 years in Mesa, AZ. When you realize as you're walking across the parking lot that your eyeballs are hot, you know it's hot....

So I have nothing to complain about now :grin:

John

84 and 33% humidity here in the High Rockies today. Have been out clearing sage and rabbit brush from my fire buffer zone, and even at 84 deg it's pretty warm at 7200 ft, and no cloud cover. Mike

couple of years ago running the mill I had the fans going, on the mill motor not on me. The motor kept kicking out

Back