Good Size Stickburner Project

Ken226

Registered
Registered
This was something I've wanted to do for a long time. 6000$ worth of 4ftx8ft x 1/4" steel plates, 2"x4"x1/4" rectangular tubing, wheels, tires, axles, springs, nuts, bolts and various other widgets. It took a month to design in CAD and fabricate.

No propane or water heater tanks. All 1/4" plate steel with triangular facets for the end cap.

The door is 200lbs, and the counterweight is 185lbs. The linkage geometry allows the door a vertical component weight advantage in the down position, and the counterweight the vertical component advantage when the door is up. The result is that the door stays down, and up, on its own with no props or springs. And can be lifted with about 10lbs of force. The 200lb door can be lifted with 2 fingers.

Overall, it came it at 2998 lbs and is 15' long x 5' wide. Registered and road legal.

It cooks a damn good brisket!

It's a reverse flow design:

Comes with security. In exchange for a few healthy portions of brisket and pulled pork.

Last edited:
Love the pit and your number 1 helper ! :encourage:

His expression in the background shows a level of focus rarely seen in people.

Days when the smoker is running, are the only days when he is able to stay in one place, all day long.

you could do a couple full size hogs on that, Nice job

Nice Project! Someone there looks like he would be more than willing to help you eat some of that meat. :grin:

What a work of art that is. Beautiful.

I don't compete so don't need the volume. That allows me to use a vertical stick burner, something that might be of interest to guys here with less 'volume' requirements. And it turns out flawless meat.

Attachments

• smoker1.jpg
    smoker1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200329_094042.jpg
    20200329_094042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • finish.jpg
    finish.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Love it! Lots and lots of very well planned details. That first photo almost gives the appearance of a "stealth" aircraft :)

OK ... one snarky comment ... what you really need for security is a "pit" bull.

Back