Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

If I wanted to be scrupulously honest I would say Webster had the right idea.
But I wont. :laughing:

Don't ever p*** on an electric fence, no matter how many beers you've had and who dares you.
Never ever leave the chuck wrench in the chuck before turning it on
kill all the power to a machine before replacing collets. A Mr. Sajo taught me that one!
Insure you tighten the clamp bolts on a round column mill-drill--took me two 1/2" carbide end mills back to back to learn that one
And many more
olcopper
my cousin p***** on the electric fence he was yelling it was so funny will never try that one.

In high school, my friend's dad was shingling the roof on his barn when nature called. He walked to the edge and laid a yellow rope over the eve. Next he knew, he was in a state of confusion, laying on the ground looking at the sky with his bird in his hand. That was good for some laughs.

I don't think that I've ever had the urge to pee on an electric fence, but some years ago I had just acquired a Honda XLS 250 trail bike. I were new to motorcycle riding and not very good at it.
I took it down to my brothers farm and started riding around the paddocks for experience. After a while I was feeling fairly confident. So I thought I'd ride around the perimeter and see how far it was.

About half way around my front wheel hit a stump hidden in the long grass.This threw the bike sideways and i ended up side on into the fence, an electric fence. I think it zapped me 3 times before I managed to get myself off the fence. I imagine it's a bit like being tasered. after that I kept my distance from all electric fences.

In primary school our favourite trick was placing pennies on the railway lines to see how flat they would get.
One morning we were all called into assembly for a telling off.
One of the kids (I didnt know him) had peed on the live rail of train line and it killed him.
We were all severely told off and warned against playing on the railway tracks.

Where I grew up in the Bronx one of our favorite pastimes was putting various things on the tracks to see what a train would do to them. Passing thru our neighborhood was four sets of tracks. Every once in a while one of our neigborhood kids would get killed by a train and I always wondered how anyone could let such a noisy thing like a train sneak up on them. Then one day a few of us were on the tracks watching a train go by and I happened to look behind me and there was ANOTHER train going the the other way, it's sound completely masked by the first train. Mystery solved and lesson learned.

Yes putting things on rail tracks. When I was a young kid in primary school and later into high school. We didn't have a train line near us but we did have a tram line. flattening pennies, and other objects was the fun thing to do on the way home from school. On one particular day we were joined by a kid from another school that was known to be quite rough.

This rough kid really showed us up by putting a .22 bullet on the track which went of with a nice bang. satisfied with the result he then produced what I think was a 303 bullet, and put on the line for the next tram, they were about ten minutes apart. This went off with a very loud bank and the driver bought the tram to a screeching stop He and the conductor got out and chased us off, yelling at us all.

The next day there was an item in the daily news paper which mum and dad discussed at the dinner table, lecturing me and my younger brothers that we stay well clear of these ruffians., Little did they know I wa sthere, but I was too scared to admit it.

Back