Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

Good one! I am sure everything looked good on paper! I recall an incident where one of the engineers wouldn’t hear that his design was bad and the machine shop supervisor was tired arguing with him, so he made it just like the print...and as you experience, he took 2 pieces to the engineer!

A good rule of thumb is never make the ID greater than the OD...

Handy if the saw isn't working or you don't want to re-chuck to part it off.

I recall reading somewhere (possibly about the TARDIS), that there is no physical law requiring that the inside be smaller than the outside.

Notice how it's gripped. When it parted off it banged around inside the jaws to make sure it was really beat up....
Robert

Good one! I am sure everything looked good on paper! I recall an incident where one of the engineers wouldn’t hear that his design was bad and the machine shop supervisor was tired arguing with him, so he made it just like the print...and as you experience, he took 2 pieces to the engineer!
Federal Standard MTPLTDD41 (Make The Part Like The Durn Drawing, For Once) rides again! :)

How many have added a power knee drive to their mill and forgotten to remove the handle when engaging it and knocking yourself good in the nuts? Nope, me neither...

Back