Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

X2. Went 6 years with my Haimer only one tip busted when I pressed tool release pedal before having a hand on it. Pile drived right into the vise.

I'm on my 3rd tip for the Haimer. Sad...

If super gluing on felt wipers just know
Too much super glue + felt = seeps through and gets stuck to your finger
Too much super glue + felt after 15 seconds = fire

Not very fun

If super gluing on felt wipers just know
Too much super glue + felt = seeps through and gets stuck to your finger
Too much super glue + felt after 15 seconds = fire

Not very fun
you DON'T superglue felt wipers... You are defeating the purpose of using them.

I was super gluing the very top to hold it in place so I can make a template for the plate to hold them properly
once you glue the felt, it is not able to hold oil. And you would be surprised how quickly and thoroughly the glue wicks thru.
Go ahead and F up your felt.

The end intention was to properly secure the felt, sg was a means to do that, not a permanent application. It may result in a wasted felt as a result, this is my thinking of what he was doing.

Last edited:
Go ahead and F up your felt.

I don't want to start anything with you and maybe you meant it jokingly or some other way and I am in no way shape or form attacking you,but don't you think these words are a bit harsh?
Absolutely Agreed!

Hey Jeff,
@Braeden P is one of our youngest members.
He is still learning and thirsty for knowledge and should be encouraged.
How about some kind words of wisdom to help guide him?

Perhaps just suggest that the one piece of felt he used to help design the capture plate is now compromised and should be replaced.

This is meant to be the friendly machinists forum.

Brian

I buzzed into my knuckle with an angle grinder again. I got lucky, this time it didn't get into my joint, just deep into the skin, right over the top of a scar from doing the same 15 years ago. Usually happens after several hours of work. I was so miffed about this repeat goof that I went through my work gloves and found several with the right index finger knuckle incision. The black Mechanic's were from Saturday's scare, the green ones from that fateful day all those years ago, the blue ones from a near miss with a cutoff wheel, and the other black ones from another near miss with a flap disc. I should probably find all the guards for my grinders, this looks like pattern behavior.

IMAG1349.jpg
IMAG1350.jpg

Back