Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

You don't use gloves when you put on a band aid, so don't panic.

A bandaid is topical, suturing is not as.
I agree unless it's a relation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Parted off a 1” by 2” piece of 12L14 with a 1/2” bore, hit the compound, bounced into to jaws and flew into the wall and put a dent in it.

Attachments

• 5ABAD6BC-9791-4A0D-8804-90AE641D46E3.jpeg
    5ABAD6BC-9791-4A0D-8804-90AE641D46E3.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 26
This one's for fin . The 1811 starter solenoid arrived from Amazon while I was busy with the Deere part out today . I had the tins and the covers off of the Mag 18 from a week ago . Parted the Deere and decided to move to the Cubbie . Wired everything up and cranked it over , started right up . Had it idleing and smelled a not so good smell . WTH ? I had taken all the tin bolts and nuts and put them in a nice little plastic container and put them under the hood of the tractor . Of course they were on the exhaust muffler . :rolleyes: It flashed and had to be put out with my daughters flower garden waterer that was within a few yards ,

I make it a very strict rule that I do NOT work on anything gas related in the garage , or the basement , This could have ended up being not so good . After I scraped all the plastic off the muffler , all was fine . Just a reminder to all , I'm careful as to what I do , but doing 8 things at once makes us forget . BE CAREFUL .

Attachments

• IMG_9171.JPG
    IMG_9171.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9172.JPG
    IMG_9172.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9173.JPG
    IMG_9173.JPG
    547.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9176.JPG
    IMG_9176.JPG
    629.2 KB · Views: 18
We did similar...the scissor lift would not start.

Gas powered 3 cylinder import underwrites.

Electronic ignition with pickup on back side of engine.

Used Streamlight Vulcan flashlight sitting on muffler to almost see what we could almost touch.

After repairs being up to shoulders in the machine and slightly dirty we testedit and it fired right up.

Drove it across the street to do the original task and the smoke and smell blew out.

Still on and working but melted where charger goes.

Email to manufacturer explaining what happened and asked for price for replacement housing.

They asked for serial number to insure correct part.

Wait for it...

They stated it is eligible for a factory free upgrade and gave me the RMA and shipping address.

Took about 2 weeks round trip.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Don't put your retirement money into any fund that charges 2% or more per year.
A long time ago, my first encounter with a stock broker, he recommended a mutual fund & set up an account for me. Several months later he sold most of the fund. He told me he was protecting my investment. Several months later he bought the same fund. Being the suspicious type I finally did a little research. Each time he bought, 5.75% of the purchase was taken of the top of the money being invested. On top of that the mutual fund too a % every year. Last time I used a broker!

Here is what happens when you get an error message on the screen and just press OK without checking for a real problem.

We run thousands of these parts on the CNC lathe, this one didn't go well. :eek:

In my son's defence we occasionally get a tool change error due to a time out. When a tool change is requested, it must occur in 1.5 seconds else it throws an error. It also throws an error if the turret doesn't seat properly, it sees an encoder error on the tool changer, or a couple of other things. Most of the time there is no problem and it just took longer than 1.5 seconds to change the tool, like 1.6 seconds. In this case, it was using tool 5, the parting tool, and requested a change to tool 8, a straight 55 deg diamond for the next operation. Well for some reason it did not change the tool at all and left tool 5 in the working position. A quick look at the screen would have shown tool 8 was requested, but obviously it was not in position. I have no idea how it failed to change the tool, never seen that happen before.

Nothing like rapiding into the work with a spindly parting tool. It really did an amazing job of cutting before it failed.
1655264605345.png

$166.00 later we're back in business. ISCAR SGTFR 2020-3
1655266092892.png

Back