Gorton 375-4 cutter grinder

Snuffy

Registered
Registered
Good morning all : I recently acquired a Gorton 375-4 cutter grinder . There are a few parts (accessories) missing that I need help locating. The dresser attachment , The flute stop ,and collets (rivett 4nc collets) It came with one collet (9/16") I have found some collets on eBay but they are priced pretty high. Any help would be appreciated . Thank you....Jim

Not at home, or I'd oblige with decent set of pics. 375's are my favorite tool forming grinder, hands down. Compact, convertible, and works for a lot of cutters. I'm not part of the Deckel Fan Club, good as they are, haven't capabilities to pass a 375, and no goofy unobtanium collets!
Mine has the 5C head [375-2, even do hex center and pin punches.
Instead of pics, here's a start....Grinder Gorton 375-2 Likely your -4 is is in related pages.

I recently acquired a 375, with cast base, full set of collets, and what I think is the 717 head...I need to replace a broken motor mount and figure out what's up with the slotted crescent-shaped part referred to on page 6 of the Lars manual as "W. Angular restrictor", it appears to be [sort of] held on by one of "V. Clamps(2)" and I'll be dogged if I can find the other such clamp on the machine, it may be missing, I don't know. I'm not entirely sure the guy I bought it from [local mold shop] didn't disassemble and reassemble all the stuff that moves together when you rock it, and maybe didn't get everything 100% when he put it back together. I can't for the life of me figure out what purpose that 'W. Angular restrictor" is supposed to serve, and the way it's flopping around loose held on by one of "V. Clamp" it doesn't appear able to do anything.
I was able to look at a few pics on that auction site of 375's, and one of then does show two of those clamps on the angular restrictor thingy, so I guess I need to fabricate one. No big deal. But I still question if there's another small piece or two missing.
If anyone has a clear pic of the stuff on page 6 shot from the back side of the machine I would sure appreciate if you could post it or send it.
Thanks
-B

Last edited:
I didn't scroll down far enough in the page of pics I found on Mr Riser's site--it appears this 375's angular restrictor is held on by one 'V. Clamp (2)' and a capscrew...? I need a mugh bigger monitor, or if anyone could post a bigger version of this pic?
1704858592086.png

By the way, if anyone cares, Famco of Kenosha WI www.famcomachine.com is still offering complete refurbishment of these grinders...I've reached out to them about full documentation [exploded-view assembly drawings etc] and parts availability...
-B

I NOW HAVE A FULL FAMCO SERVICE MANUAL FOR THIS THING.
PM me if you need a copy.
-B

Back