Gorton I 22 Mastermill Serial #

Hi Gorton,
I thought it might be with the serial # series, but I should upload the rest for someone else. You don't see many of these for sale, or otherwise. I have a shop full of tools waiting to be set up and no time . YRC... what can u say? Could have been any of them. I am trying to find one in CA that I can go get myself. There are probably better ones out there somewhere "locally"....

I'm in PA. Not far from Philadelphia.
Liljoebrshooter : What taper do you have on yours?
I've got a 40 taper on mine, but a 5/8" drawbar won't fit through the spindle.
I'm trying to figure out if this has been retrofit, or if it comes from the factory like that.
Hi Gorton,
I thought it might be with the serial # series, but I should upload the rest for someone else. You don't see many of these for sale, or otherwise. I have a shop full of tools waiting to be set up and no time . YRC... what can u say? Could have been any of them. I am trying to find one in CA that I can go get myself. There are probably better ones out there somewhere "locally"....
The only one that provided me with consistently good results was CF and they're out of business.

Gorton,
I know, I worked for Roadway Express for a LONG time before Yellow screwed it all up. Got hurt, back in school.

Hi All,
Been a minute since i"ve had time to play around in shop. I just got mill moved and hooked to vid, works. But, dumb question... the literature I have shows only one point for lubrication of spindle head/bearings. And it's for grease. Does this machine not have an oil bath for gearbox/spindles? seems nuts to me. there was a chunk of copper tubing hooked to a zirconia's, can't imagine what it looks like in there. The power downed says fill with no 30 machine oil, but think that's just a small reservoir. Any experience with this out there?
Thanks

I know this is an old thread but if by chance anyone has a MasterMill 1-22 parts machine, I'm trying to get my Tracemaster converted to have a tilting head. Thanks!

Back