Gorton P2-3 - Pantograph

Dan,
I have some Gorton fonts advertised for sale on this site. Look at the photos in the gallery under Mosedawg56.
There is also a spindle and some taper shank cutters as well. The asking price is just a starting place. Make me an offer! Just keep in mind I don't want to give it away. Trades for tooling will be considered.

Thanks,

Pat

hey dan you can get new engraver fonts from specialty engraver and he can even make custom paterns just send him a pdf file and he makes them out of a composite plastic. I have 10 different sets of fonts all in brass and one in composite and I like the composite because you don't have to oil the fonts and they don't wear as quickly I use my pantomill I have a gorton p1-2 that i use for deep engraving and inlaying work in firearms and I use the fonts also on my new hermes for doing diamond drag fineline on gun barrels for manufacturing requirements for the ATF If you have any questions feel free to get ahold of me I Have been playing around with pantographs for a while now and have a good general working knowledge and have a good list of suppliers for cutters and for parts.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 ffl in Central Ca.

JB,

Thank you!

I already learned something from you, I did not know you have to oil the fonts, it makes sense though, thankfully I have not used any yet.
I am really interested in doing the inlay work with this machine. I know once I figure it out they will look nice and should be flawless.
I did put a motor in and have fired it up and cut my logo into a piece of aluminum. Very pleased with the results. That's all I have done with this so far, I have been busy restoring a 1920's Norton tool grinder, I just finished it yesterday. I only have a 3/8" collet so I made a holder/adapter to hold my smaller 3/16 inch end mill. I have some drill rod and plan on making some cutters.
It would be nice to get some different size collets. Where my dad works they have a 3D printer and he made my logo out of nylon, 2 different sizes.

Back