Gorton "router" Looks Like Milling Machine

guyf2000

Registered
Registered
Folks:

I'm about to acquire a Gorton vertical milling machine. Right now I can't put a model number to it.

Viewing it at the plant did not reveal any model. The size, spindle and motor resemble the O-16. Except for the motor, it is under 6'. The machine is being used as a "router" on, it appears non-ferrous metals and wood. The speed chart shows it is set up for high speeds but this is in keeping with the Gorton machines. Unfortunately I do not have any more information other than the pic below from the seller. Will keep folks posted when it comes to its new home.

G.

upload_2016-6-16_19-27-13.png

A

Andre

Forum Guest
Register Today
What do you mean being used as a router? You mean something like an overarm pin router for production?

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
Blew up the picture to get a better view of the mill. That looks like a Gorton 8D mill with some kind of rotary table on it. More than likely a Gorton RT.
One word of caution about the 8D mill, it only will use the special Gorton collet. The spindle cannot be reground for R-8 like the you can on the 8-1/2D mill. The Gorton collets have a maximum capacity of 1/2". So make sure to ask if they have any of the collets to go with the mill.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock