Got drool?

That's hoarding. He's clearly inflated the cost of anvils by shunting the market supply into his collection. The workshops of America need these tools to be liberated.

Right! He’s gotta have just as much in shipping charges as he does in materials. You know all that stuff came from the north east. I’m sure he has prices but you probably don’t want to hear them.

Is he in Dallas and Austin?

I don’t know this with absolute certainty but I believe he moved his operations to Austin.
I have his business card around here somewhere, I’ll post it when I find it.

Neat place. I wish I was closer to take a tour in person.

Any pictures by chance?
No, the fellow who owns them likes to keep his antique blacksmith tools and machine tools quiet. I felt lucky that I got a tour of his shop, which was simply awesome. All of his stuff is in gorgeous condition, looks like it worked in a carefully maintained Victorian shop yesterday. Quite a few beautifully preserved "only one still known to be in existence" machines there. I only know one other person who has been there to see them, and he is on this forum. I asked for a tour for our machinist group, he said no... Gotta respect what a person wants.

No, the fellow who owns them likes to keep his antique blacksmith tools and machine tools quiet. I felt lucky that I got a tour of his shop, which was simply awesome. All of his stuff is in gorgeous condition, looks like it worked in a carefully maintained Victorian shop yesterday. Quite a few beautifully preserved "only one still known to be in existence" machines there. I only know one other person who has been there to see them, and he is on this forum. I asked for a tour for our machinist group, he said no... Gotta respect what a person wants.
Gotcha. 'Tis a shame, but it's a person's prerogative.

I don’t know this with absolute certainty but I believe he moved his operations to Austin.
I have his business card around here somewhere, I’ll post it when I find it.
Oh, at the start of Adam Booth's latest, "Blacksmith Tools Shop Tour Part 1" he mentioned Dallas.
My son is in Dallas, stepson is in Austin, sometime this might work out. Seems like Andrew doesn't mind guests.

Here's his Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/blacksmithtools/?hl=en

Alright, this is extreme abuse of vises (from his pages) :
1544130604288.png

Last edited:
His Instagram page says based in Dallas so I guess he has two places. I need to stop by and visit with him some afternoon!

His Instagram page says based in Dallas so I guess he has two places. I need to stop by and visit with him some afternoon!
... and provide a detailed trip report. :grin:

Reactions: Z2V
Back