Got me a new PM 25MV

I think I had one of those Craftsman 1/2" drill motors.... had brushes one could change by removing the plastic insert... one was on the top, the other the bottom. :nuts:

When I purchased the Ridged angle head low RPM drill (if I remember, around 200+- RPM is max)...
I committed the 'un-pardonable' sin... I put the old Craftsman in a garage sale. :nono:
Really did not need it any more, and it still worked.

Figured someone else could use it... and I would not be tempted to use it and break some part of my body... :allgood:

I still have one of those, but mine is too old to be variable speed. It can break parts of your body even if you are paying attention. When I was using it to drill 27/64" holes in the deck of the Avey I screwed a 3' pipe in where the (missing) handle goes and let it ride against the column. I don't like to think about using that thing to drill upward with a hole saw on a ladder.

I still have one of those, but mine is too old to be variable speed. It can break parts of your body even if you are paying attention. When I was using it to drill 27/64" holes in the deck of the Avey I screwed a 3' pipe in where the (missing) handle goes and let it ride against the column. I don't like to think about using that thing to drill upward with a hole saw on a ladder.

Thankfully, that 6" hole was horizontal, however through a LOT of HARD wood.

The angle head drill motor is a big improvement when it comes to doing larger holes... and yeah, I figured out a way to rest the 'torque direction' of the drill motor handle against some framing... so I was not 'fighting' it. The dust alone, was a mess though.

I have a 3" Lennox (Lowes grade) holesaw that is stuck solid on the threads of a hole saw adapter tool... the pins managed to be pulled back and the threads are stuck solid. Tried putting the arbor in a vise and a pipe wrench on the hole saw... would not budge it.

My bad. I forgot that the Craftsman gave up the ghost earlier this year and the Significant Other saw this one on sale and brought it home for me. I even washed the dishes that night. :)

DSCN4228.JPG

DSCN4228.JPG

Back