Got Milk? - NO need help

Okay with that being said, the maxium RPM of 250 would be reduced to 180 RPM being that the percentage of reduction is 72% in regards to 90/125. If this is the case then I can move forward.

Now I can review this KB that was so graciously offered.

After thinking about my previous reply, I believe that I was wrong in what I said. Using 90 volts instead of 125 will not reduce the speed as much as reduce the power of the motor. That said, if there was a light load, you would not have a problem with it at all. Since it is geared down so much, you might never notice.

How would you define a light load. And is there a way to calculate the power reduction with no load? So as to get a baseline as to what power it would have.

It would be the same percentage that we discussed on the speed. Your motor is 1/12 hp, with a given gear reduction. The torque even such a small motor can transmit through a reducer can be surprising, so it might be enough. Having no idea of what you want to drive with it, and how, it's hard to say if it would really hinder you.

My drawing is awful so I shall attempt to explain. The gearmotors shaft will be used to drive a rod into a diaphragm. The piston like movement creates the suction, which is connected to the teat cups. So the importance is that once suctions is attained it needs to be maintained.

Well, I have never milked a goat, but have a few cows, so I have some idea of the forces required for doing what you are, and there should be more than plenty of muscle for that. Of course, the stroke length of the crank that drives the rod operating the diaphragm as well as the diameter of the diaphragm really controls how much vacuum you can draw with it, I'd say plenty. I assume you have a releasable check valve involved here somewhere?

Yes there is a check valve release. My concern is with the reduce power it may limit the number of teat cups I can operate and any one time. Also I put this question to KB electronics I am hoping to get a response soon.

I got a response from KB electronics. Basically he said that I could use their SCR the effect would be that I would see as you said a reduction in RPM's.

Back