Got Milk? - NO need help

Soooooo Pop, what exactly do you want to do? Abandon your current controller in favor of a new one, or proceed with the one you have? Seems to me that you aren't far away from a workable system with what you have. Your call, and we will help all we can.

Well I am just trying look at my options. At this point I am leaning more towards return the current SCR and purchasing one where I don't have to be overly concerned with my ability to wire the damn thing. Being that I don't have much experience in wiring circuit boards. I can return my current SCR within 30 days. So I am weighing the possiblities, I have alot of work to do on all of this. So I am trying to simplify were I can.

For a very basic controller, and an economic one, I suggest looking at Boston Gear's Ratiopax line. I have one that is set up to drive a 90VDC PM motor on a 90 degree reducer. Works like a charm. No fancy bells and whistles like accel/decel or braking, but for just a simple drive, it would be hard to beat. They don't get any simpler. It has a fuse on it's own, and it's only connections are power in and motor out.

http://www.bostongear.com/products/electric/ratiopax.html

That's the general info page, but there are a couple on ebay right now. Or you could locate one of many power transmission suppliers that are Boston distributors.

i know i'm late with this but is this motor going to need variable speed or just something to drive it at it's fixed speed.
if its always going to run the fixed speed why not just a rectifier it's 125 volt add a fuse and be done with it.

if you do need to control the speed plug it into a harbor freight router speed control will work fine costs very little and reverse is a matter of the right switch to reverse the motor polarity
this motor is .5 amp 1/12 hp not a real problem to power
just a thought to save some money
the rectifier is $1.96 free shipping way oversized up to 1000v 35amp
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-35A-1000...454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7789529e
steve

image009.png

Last edited:
I need a chassis style driver, not sure if the Boston gear provides that capability. I want to enclose the entire unit.

Harbor frieght is like going to Costco on payday. All they need to do is sell hot dogs.

pop
are you going to adjust the speed?
steve

Hey I have one of those router switches laying around, can't pass up a great deal. I think I will plug it in and give it a try. That might solve the the problem. I will give it a test run tomorrow and let you know. I do need to solve this because I need to get on with machining a extension for the gear shaft.

Well, the ratiopax is a self contained unit, enclosed. It's not large, if you need to protect it from the elements, or need it in a larger enclosure along with other things.

Back