Got Myself A Craftsman Horizontal Bandsaw

Here is a link to the website and some photos, I hope. I was skeptical about how long one of these might last, but after a couple years, I detect no wear. I went ahead and bought a spare anyway. https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Crafftsman+Bevel+Gear&type= View attachment 225866 View attachment 225869 View attachment 225869

I bought one of those 3d printed gears just for a spare. It looks very good. While i've not used it, I've read of others who have and it worked fine.

View attachment 225828
Rather then pay a hefty amount for this gear as Shapeways is charging people almost $50 for it and wait time is 3 weeks or more myself and a member of another forum have made a 3d stl model file for it and now you can have the option of printing it at home at a friends house or at a local 3d print shop. I checked around in my area and average charge locally was around $25. choose abs or petg for your media selection. feel free to contact me for it I will provide it free of charge I tried posting it but it wont allow me to post an stl file and since Im new I cant post a direct link to it either. Also an fyi the gear provided by shapeways was reversed engineered and isnt quite right. the file I have was drawn and modeled from the original clausing print for this gear while it allows me to attach the print it will not allow a stl file. hope this helps people to continue to maintain and keep there saws running for alot longer

Attachments

• bevel-gear.pdf
    103 KB · Views: 4
  • pic of gear 2.jpg
    pic of gear 2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 2
  • pic of gear.jpg
    pic of gear.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2
Back