Got Scammed again!

The_Apprentice

Registered
Registered
So, I was wondering why I have no recollection of a Mini Quick change tool post holder 6PCS/SET, which I had purchased last year and waited forever. I probably should have been a little more suspicious since the tracking # was really wonky and unverifiable. But hey, I learn lessons hard. And maybe it's due to me waiting for 6 frieken months for a radius tool from Micro Mark to arrive that just taught me to have some patience, LOL.

I finally went to look again on my Amazon records, only to find out that this person had a feedback page that somewhat explained it all...

https://www.amazon.ca/sp?_encoding=...seller=A5TPCCA7ZMYEX&tab=policies&vasStoreID=

Just click the left side feedback tab and read.

Well, I've lost a few hundred by scammers like this over the years so I finally went to talk to Amazon support through chat today... The person has already left Amazon and split (surprise!), but the rep I talked to said they would forward my case elsewhere, and obtain a refund.

Honestly, it wasn't even a hundred dollars I was paying for so no major loss, but sometimes these shysters **** me off, and it gets down to the principle of things! LOL

Since it's tooling related, thought I'd share part of my day with this episode...

Looked like a REAL GOOD PRICE, but buyer beware!

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 6.21.30 PM.png

Wow, 83 transactions and 100% negative feedback.
I have never seen that!

But it says right under his name that:
"alvin guyton is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service."​
Not so much I guess.

Maybe that's the lesson...if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Caveat emptor indeed.

At least there are some "checks and balances" and he has been kicked off amazon, and there is still an avenue for your refund.
But am I sorry you've had to go thru that.
-brino

There were a few of these scam artists but Amazon got rid of them quickly IIRC within a few weeks.
Amazon will most likely get your money back.

What a d**k.... Why doesn't Amazon not ban this idiot.

I went through something similar with Ebay recently. Luckily, I got my money back through PayPal.
I had mistakenly used the "Return Item" Ebay buttons when I should have used, "Item never received",
I made a mistake, so I closed the "return". Big Mistake...Ebay told me that once a case is closed like that, you're SOL, (with Ebay).
So I took it up with PayPal and they got my money back the same day.

I pulled the trigger too fast instead of looking at the sellers ratings first. Feedback like "total scammer"", never again, "don't buy" "Scam"...
Lesson learned., or like someone told me once, "You live, you learn and you still die stupid".. I went against my own advice.

1. Check the feedback,

2. write to the seller first to see if they respond.

I write about this so no one here will suffer the same indignity. :)

Amazon, I haven't had any problems. I only buy from known good sellers and Sold and ships from Amazon.

Last edited:
I feel your pain......I have a pretty good built in BS meter........have had ionly good results with Craigslist , Ebay, auctions in general......but I needed an x-y milling table [small 18 inches] ans saw an ad from ToolDiscounter for a Palmgren [#Pal49181] had Palmgren handles looked ok [ I know they are no longer USA made] but felt they would have the better grade CCC { cheap chinese crap} and their price was better than most $290 vs $310-$325 so I ordered it...............the only other ones were $140-$150 and the casting and maching looked poor even in their ads.........Well I got it a #49181A .....CCC just like the cheaper one no Palmgren logo on it , no Palmgren handles, lousy machining holes drilled off center [wheel handles] could have been made by stevie wonder!!!!!!!It did have a Palmgren flyer packed with it ,,,,,,,called customer service {AH Hanson got them they quickly sent me to there Tech GUY .....nice man we talked he said oh the 49181A is the newer one , I replied that I wanted the older one as this was crap and explained all that was wrong He totaly agreed with me and admitted that the new stuff they never see and is crap and that I had to contact the store [ ToolDiscounter] and request a return Number and instructions..........2- emails 4-phone calls they say they will contact the shipper and get me the approval to send it back .........3 weeds and no communication .............I can probable machine it to make it useable but that is what I felt I was avoiding......thanks for listening to my rant...........from now on as before I will only but old tooling that I can see and feel............Bobbycoke

Wow, 83 transactions and 100% negative feedback.
I have never seen that!

And that's only the tip of the iceberg I think. Most people like me can't even write up some feedback (there are time limits, etc)... Would seem like they got a nice payout for that scam. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be back on Amazon with some other scheme on their next score...

I hadn't even made my first cut yet on my new Mini-Lathe when I ordered that quick changer. But to be honest, I am sort of falling in love with my 4-way post right now... is there something wrong with me? I was debating on ordering a quick changer again, but now I don't want to lose the 4WTP, LOL.

"alvin guyton is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service."

Sure he is, Bad Customer Service at the highest standard

It's like the old saying: NOTHING IS TOO GOOD FOR OUR CUSTOMERS, SO THAT'S WHAT WE GIVE THEM!!!

Back