Got Scammed again!

I've been caught a couple of times by these "too good to be true" scam artists on Amazon. Got my money back each time but it's just not worth the hassle. If something looks too good to be true on Amazon it typically is.

And that's only the tip of the iceberg I think. Most people like me can't even write up some feedback (there are time limits, etc)... Would seem like they got a nice payout for that scam. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be back on Amazon with some other scheme on their next score...

I hadn't even made my first cut yet on my new Mini-Lathe when I ordered that quick changer. But to be honest, I am sort of falling in love with my 4-way post right now... is there something wrong with me? I was debating on ordering a quick changer again, but now I don't want to lose the 4WTP, LOL.
Buy one from Shars or CDCO or even LMS. Not the aluminum one, get the wedge style. You are right across the border from places like CBI so free shipping is often possible.

You are right across the border from places like CBI so free shipping is often possible.

You know what's interesting? I drove down to Home Depot in New York a few months ago as they have much better variety of selection than what we get in Ontario. I then pulled into a WaMart to see the different foods, then all of a sudden, there was a Harbor Freight store! Well HOLY ****!

I thought all this time HF was so far away as to be unattainable except by online order. I had looked all over for best places to buy a Mini-Lathe close to pick up, and eventually decided to just get my King in Hamilton.

Next time I cross the rianbowbridge, I'll stop by Harbor Freight and take a look; if only I had known this earlier, I may have ended up with a Central Machinery lathe. Ahah, well to be honest, I like my King, it's got a stronger motor so I'm not going to complain much. Rest of it is pretty much identical to the rest of them.

Honestly, it wasn't even a hundred dollars I was paying for so no major loss, but sometimes these shysters **** me off, and it gets down to the principle of things! LOL
The point is that the seller is getting away with the scam. Never allow it, not even for a penny. When we deal with others over the internet or similar we are trusting them to send what they promised, and they are depending on us to do what we promised, pay for it, as agreed on. If there is wiggle room, people at both ends will exploit it. So pin them down, every time, for every little thing they do wrong. And on your end, pay on time, and don't claim anything you were promised and which showed up as promised. We need to hold each other accountable for all genuine issues, from both sides. That is the only way commerce can proceed with confidence. Live it, do it, and demand it, both as buyer and as seller.

You know what's interesting? I drove down to Home Depot in New York a few months ago as they have much better variety of selection than what we get in Ontario. I then pulled into a WaMart to see the different foods, then all of a sudden, there was a Harbor Freight store! Well HOLY ****!

I thought all this time HF was so far away as to be unattainable except by online order. I had looked all over for best places to buy a Mini-Lathe close to pick up, and eventually decided to just get my King in Hamilton.

Next time I cross the rianbowbridge, I'll stop by Harbor Freight and take a look; if only I had known this earlier, I may have ended up with a Central Machinery lathe. Ahah, well to be honest, I like my King, it's got a stronger motor so I'm not going to complain much. Rest of it is pretty much identical to the rest of them.
There is a Princess Auto in St Catharines now, often not worth the drive across the bridge to HF unless it is one of their sale items. When you do go the HF, stop by Wegmans for milk and eggs. Other groceries not worth it, they are less expensive at No Frills, Food Basics etc.
We are surprised that food especially is more expensive. (It is even worse in Sarasota!)

I have a King KC1022ML that I bought off Kijiji. Happy with it!

There is a "creature" who has sent me an e/mail six months back wanting me to allow him to" link In" with my computer, Sadly he was using the same name as a friend of mine in the U.S. , Fortunately I checked with my buddy, Who had no knowledge of who he is This creep tried the same stunt again last night, I wonder what the hell he is up to, A diirect line to all my passwords etc?
He has absolutely no chance One can not be too vigilant I give the B*****D 100% for trying & & 500% for stupidity

There is a Princess Auto in St Catharines now,

I have a King KC1022ML that I bought off Kijiji. Happy with it!

The first time I heard of Princess Auto was last year when I was looking for mini-lathes. The POWER-FIST was their big brand-named mini-lathe, and seemed cheap enough, and I watched a youtube video where it was cutting into aluminum ok. The problem was the specs, it is only 1/3 hp. Any Grizzly G8688 or other clone is ~2/3 hp... so that was a major factor for me, and why I figure on looking elsewhere. I would like to cut reliably into SS. The King 7"x12" has more Amperage on their motors than the rest of the Chinese clones so I went with them.

Of course, there is always a chance this does not mean more HP, but is a rule of thumb. I did try to look at the motor itself to get other readings on it, but couldn't find much labels. I also contacted King Industrial myself to check if they knew the HP rating, since they listed them for the other lathes, but customer service couldn't come up with an answer either.

I'm still happy with it, though have had to fix a few PROBLEMS just like everyone else usually does.

I like to support Princess Auto and other local stores, keeps the money in Canada :)

These lathes all need some enhancements, some more than others. Old lathes need more work :) The 7x14's are all similar enough that advice, and even parts in some cases, for one will work on another brand.

For lowish power machinery you need very sharp cutting tools. This means HSS, not carbide generally speaking. I have cut stainless on a Unimat DB300 , which is definitely not even 1/3 hp. Grind the tool, then use a stone to get the edge truly sharp. Look at it with a magnifier to be sure.

Back