• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

Got this Rockwell sander for $100.00 today.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
He listed it at 1:55 I e mailed at 2:05.
Needs cleaned up and a little paint, but I think I did well.

sander.JPG

woodtickgreg

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Ok, you suck! I would have bought that for $100 in a heartbeat. Congrats.

valleyboy101

Active User
Registered
I paid $225.00 last fall and don't regret it. However I would rather have paid $100.00.
Enjoy,
Michael

KBeitz

Registered
Registered
I got the same sander for free when a textile factory closed it's doors.
One heavy sander....

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
Sweet!
Ended up restoring this one, and selling it, when I got a powermatic from a school auction.

projectnut

Registered
Registered
I have had an identical machine for about 20 years. If it has the original motor it should be a 1 hp 111/220 volt motor. I have switched the wiring on mine several times depending n where it's located in the shop. Some years a 220 volt outlet is closest, other years it's been a 110 volt outlet. Parts are still available, but be seated if you call Rockwell. Their prices could easily give you a heart attack.

When I got mine a bearing had gone out and it destroyed the top roller. I could have bought a new machine for the price Rockwell was asking for parts. I was lucky to find an entire idler roller assembly on e Bay at a reasonable price.

KBeitz

Registered
Registered
Mine came as 3 phase... I changed out the motor to single phase...
Now I have 3 phase..

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
I have had an identical machine for about 20 years. If it has the original motor it should be a 1 hp 111/220 volt motor. I have switched the wiring on mine several times depending n where it's located in the shop. Some years a 220 volt outlet is closest, other years it's been a 110 volt outlet. Parts are still available, but be seated if you call Rockwell. Their prices could easily give you a heart attack.

When I got mine a bearing had gone out and it destroyed the top roller. I could have bought a new machine for the price Rockwell was asking for parts. I was lucky to find an entire idler roller assembly on e Bay at a reasonable price.
I know.
They wanted something like $80.00 for the spanner nut that retains the top bearing.
Took a few tries, but I ended up making one, by single pointing the 0D of my stock, and drilling a center hole in it, and parting it off. Drilled a hole in the side of the "nut" to tighten up with A few taps with a punch.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

[6]
[5] [7]