Gov't is Making it Hard For The Little Guy Just Trying To Make Chump Change

I just got my godson a toy. I looked at Amazon, and not only were most of the toys made in China; they were named for Chinese companies. Not Mattel and Hasbro and Ideal and Milton Bradley.

The problem with the new EBay tax is that it falls more heavily on the small fish, as pointed out earlier. It used to be EBay "rental" service only charged postage. Now they charge tax both ways. If I rent something from Sunbelt Rentals, I don't have to pay tax to return it. If I buy a chuck from Shars and it doesn't fit, I can return it without paying tax either direction. If I buy it on EBay from Mr. Small Time Garage Sale Flipper, I pay tax on it, and Mr. Small Time Home Hobby Machinist gets to pay tax again when he takes it off my hands. There is probably some way to get a rebate on the taxes, but it is probably too difficult or requires $$$$ for some tax accountant advice.

You all are absolutely right about Sears dropping the ball. Just a text book example of deplorable management. In fact, the three investors in one of the first internet online services (Prodigy) were IBM, Sears and CBS.
Sears has the money to embrace the internet but didn’t want to listen to the young blood with online sales. Old management didn’t want to cut into store sales.
All Amazon dd was copy the Sears business model and the modernize it with online sales and delivery. But Sears had all the infrastructure in place. They had the warehouses and distribution networks. Business schools will be studying the failure of Sears for the next 100 years.

Back